Chapter 12: Stefan's Demise

——————————🪡——————————

Maleficent slowly made his way down a set of stairs, (Y/n) walking beside him with her hand intertwined with his.

At the bottom of the stairs, they carefully peered around the corner to see a dark empty throne room.

Aurora came up behind them. "Are we going back to the Moors now?"

Maleficent turned to her. "If that is what you wish."

Maleficent released (Y/n)'s hand, and walked further into the room to make sure the coast was clear, while Diaval flew above them in bird form. Then he turned to the girls and waved for them to follow him.

As soon as he faced forward again, a loud sound was heard, and an iron net suddenly dropped from the ceiling and onto Maleficent. He cried out in pain as the iron burned his skin and several soldiers flooded into the room and started trying to beat him down.

Aurora and (Y/n) shouted in protest, and tried to pull the net off of him, but the guards grabbed them and roughly pulled them away.

Maleficent's vision was starting to blur from the lain of the net and the shouts from the guards. Through his haze, he saw (Y/n) trying to fight of the soldier that was holding her back and watched as she was harshly pushed to the floor.

He looked above him and saw Diaval flying around, trying to scratch and distract the soldiers. He slowly lifted his hand and aimed as best as he could at Diaval.

"Into a dragon." He muttered.

Diaval suddenly grew into a huge black dragon, and started blasting fire at the soldiers, drawing their attention away from Maleficent. Diaval lifted the net off him, tossed it to the side, and continued to roar and set multiple fires throughout the room.

(Y/n) and Aurora were off to the side of the room, trying to avoid all the fire and destruction. Diaval's tail hit one of the columns causing to fall and the rubble fell right next to the two girls.

Aurora screamed in fear, and (Y/n) pulled her into her arms to try and shield her. At the sound of her screams, Maleficent looked over and saw them nearly get hit.

"(Y/n)! Take Aurora and run!" Maleficent ordered.

(Y/n) looked at him, hesitant to leave him alone.

"Go!" He urged.

(Y/n) nodded and grabbed Aurora's hand, pulling her out of the room as another pillar fell.

Maleficent sighed in relief seeing the girls out of harms way, but his relief was short lived when several guards carrying giant iron shields came rushing towards Maleficent and surrounded him.

The other guards fighting Diaval managed to throw chains around his snout and legs, pulling him to the floor.

Maleficent's heard heavy footsteps and turned to see a man covered in armor, holding a sword and a long iron chain. Two cold eyes bore at him through the helmet on his head, and Maleficent instantly knew who it was.

Stefan unraveled the chain, and swung it at Maleficent, knocking him back into an iron shield.

...