11.

I got tired by evening, and I was also worried about Cookie. He must be working alone, I wanted to go back, but I am afraid of Serpent. I looked up at Beast, who was still working. Doesn't he get tired?

His long hairs were coming in his face as his long fingers were clutching the axe. He was wearing so many rings, almost in each finger. He looked at me as he felt my gaze on him and raised his brow.

"I was wondering how you would look without long hairs. Don't they trouble you when you work. You should cut them!" I said, and he looked at me with a small frown. With one hand, he touched his hair. He looked up at me but then shook his head and kept working.

"What does Serpent like the most?" I asked, and he looked at me with a little shock.

"I want to make it up to him by giving him a gift." I shrugged lightly. He exhaled heavily and ran a hand in his hair, moving them out of his face. He is handsome if he cuts that beard and long hair. I turned red at my thoughts and looked down at me lap.

He thought for a moment and then picked a stack of logs easily on his shoulder. I looked at him with wide eyes. They must be heavy, and it looks like he doesn't feel any weight. He is strong! I admired him.

I walked behind him, but he slowed down so that it would be beside him. I smiled at his gesture. He doesn't like me walking behind him.

We walked towards the outhouse made of wood. He placed the stacks of logs inside. It was almost full. Then we walked towards the farm. I look at him, confused as to why we are here.

'He likes apple'. Beast signed, and I beamed at him. His eyes lighted up at my smile, and he motioned me to walk inside.

We reached towards the apple trees, and I looked for the best one. My gaze fell on some red ones which looked juicy but they were a little high. I looked back at him with a sheepish smile and motion towards them. He nods and points to the wooden basket. I went to fetch the basket and came back towards him.

He started filling the bucket with the apples of my choice. Once the basket was full, I smiled at him.

"Thank you!" I beamed at him. He nodded lightly as he gazed at me intensely, I squirmed under his gaze. Then he came out of his thoughts and looked away as if embarrassed.

He took me towards the kitchen from the back side so wouldn't come face to face with Serpent.

'I have to go, he won't come here.' He signed and nodded.

"Thank you for everything, Beast." I thanked him once more. He nodded and then turned around to leave.

I walked inside and saw Louis helping Cookie. They were almost done with the dinner. Cookie looked up at me and looked at me with scolded gaze.

"Sorry." I said softly, and his features softened immediately.

"Where were you? I had to work in your place, you owe me Faith." Louis grumbled, and I looked up at him. I was about to smile at him but then I remembered I was angry with him so I looked away him with a small scoff.

"You are still upset with me?" He asked me. I placed the basket of apple on the ground and decided to wash them before giving to him.