Chapter 13

Isabella's POV

I woke up feeling someone's finger brushing my hair gently and softly. I half open my eyes slowly and look at the handsome man staring right at me. Our legs were almost entangled together. His lips curled up slightly, and I let myself melt in his touch.

"Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning. How long have you been awake?"
I said, letting out a small yawn.

"Just a few minutes. Did you sleep well?"

"Mhmm. I did. Thanks for letting me sleep at your place."
I smiled and gave a slight nod.

"You can sleep here every night."

I blinked twice, looking at him.

"What? No! I don't want to be a burden and disturb you."

"You can never disturb me."

I smiled and snuggled close to him. I felt safe in his arms, and all my worries just dissappear by looking at him.

"Sunshine?"

I hummed in response.

"What happened with you in your childhood? Why do you keep getting nightmares? I can not see you in pain. If you tell me, then maybe I can help you with it."

I pulled away from him to get a good view of his face and sat up, taking in a deep breath. He sat up and looked at me.

"My family was a beautiful one just like other families. We loved each other a lot. We celebrated all the holidays together happily. We all went on picnics every weekend. But one day, when I came back home from school, I found my mother with a busted lip and a cut on her forehead. When I asked her about it, she didn't say anything. It continued for a few months, and her condition got worse. When I was ten, my father opened a casino with his friend, and it got crowded soon after the opening, but his friend betrayed him and tricked him out of the partnership after just two years. He got jobless and started drinking. He used to come home drunk every night and let out his anger on mom."

A tear rolled down my cheek, and my voice cracked as the haunting memories came back, and so did the memories of that night.

"I-I couldn't help my mother. I was too scared to even look at my father. My mother always told me to lock my room and stay inside when my father came home. S-she even tried to take help from the cops but my father caught her and beat her even more harshly. One night, my father was shouting at my mom, I could hear her wails of cry, but in a few minutes, they stopped after a loud shatter of glass. There was no sound. I thought my father might have left, so I opened my door and went out and.. and saw m-my mom lying on the floor. Blood pooled around her head, and she was lying there lifeless. Pieces of glass vases were spread everywhere on the floor. I rushed towards her, but she was not breathing. I shook her, called out her name but she didn't move. She was dead. My father killed her. When my father saw me, he locked me in my room. He tied my hands to the leg of the table and left me there for three days. The room in which I grew up and played happily became my nightmare and the most scarriest place. Cold, dark, no where to escape. I discovered later on that my father was having an affair with another woman, but mom found out about it, and he killed her in anger. When he came to untie me, I barely had any energy left. My tears dried out, and my voice was stuck in my throat. I-I was scared and terrified of him. He warned me not to say a word about what happened with mom to anyone. Otherwise, there would be consequences. sobs, I was terrified to do anything."

I sobbed hard, and Aaron pulled me in his arms. He held me close to him in silence.

"T-that's why, I get panic attacks if I find myself in a similar situation."

"I will not let anything happen to you. I will protect you."
He hugged me tightly.

After a while, I stopped crying and pulled away from him. He looks at me.

"Does he still contact you?"

"No. Not really. He did a few months ago when I forgot to send him money."

"You send him money?"
He looked at me in disbelief.

"I um I did..but I haven't since two months. He doesn't have a job. I just sent him money for his food and necessities. I haven't since I found he was cheating on my mother behind her back and even torturing her at the same time."

"Does he live here in Seattle?"

"No, he still lives in our house, in Auburn. I have never met him in person since I moved here for college. I just transferred money to his account."

He hummed, nodding his head.

I wonder what's going on in his head.

"What's more important is that you need a therapist first. I'm not letting you suffer anymore. I'll book an appointment with the best therapist. And no consumption of drugs. Only take those which are prescribed by the doctor."

"No, no, I don't need any therapist. I'll be fine."
I shook my head. He stared at me.

"Isa, I can't see you in pain. Visit the therapist. You'll be fine. I will accompany you, if you want. But you need to get your treatment."
He held my shoulders and looked at me. I could see pain in his eyes.

I sigh and nod slightly.
"Alright."

I wasn't sure if I was ready to open up and discuss the darkest and most traumatic night of my life.

Aaron's POV

I can't let Isabella suffer anymore. Her father committed murder. He deserves to be punished for his sins. I wanted to torture him myself for making my Isabella suffer. Snatching away motherly love from a 12 year old innocent child. Law needs to punish him. He needs to be behind the bars for the rest of his life. And I'll make that happen so Isabella can live her life in peace. Without being scared of him. And if the court fails to punish him, I'll do it. I'll make him pay for his sins. No one hurts my Isabella.