Chapter 15

"Yeh tumhare hath ko kya hua?" On lunch, Kubra saw Hyra's fingertips were red, and injured as if poked a needle there many times.

(What happened to your hands?)

Hanif Mirza's eyes also went to her hands.

"Yeh kya hua, Beta? Kaise hua yeh?" Worriedly, he asked. Hyra got hesitated under their gaze, not knowing what to say, she decided to tell the truth.

(What's that, dear? How did this happened?)

"Woh inke shirt ki button toot gayi thi. Bas wahi laga rahi thi."

(I was stitching his shirts button.)

"Ek button se aisa hua?" Hanif Mirza didn't ask anything further after hearing this, but Kubra still had questions.

(Your injured yourself stitching one button?)

"Ek button nahi tha. Unke kisi bhi shirt pe button nahi the." Hyra leaned toward Kubra and whispered.

(It was not just one button. I stitched button in all his shirts.)

"What?" Kubra become more shocked. Before she could ask something else, Hanif Mirza started the topic of ludo tournament which he is going to attend in the evening, in his tablet. He is one of the players too. Both girls heard him keenly, even if they were not really interested in it.

After lunch, Kubra went to Hyra's room to know what's the matter of shirts and buttons.

After hearing everything, Kubra smack her forehead. "Uff, tum log ko maloom hai koi bhi prank karogi toh sabse pehla shakk tumpe aur Uswa pe jata hai, toh aisa prank karo jisme faso hi na."

(When you two know whatever happens, you and Uswa are always the suspect, then do some kind of prank where you don't get caught.)

"Uswa ka plan tha. Full proof. Huh, fool proof." Hyra told her.

(It was Uswa's plan.)

"Prank ko chorho. Tum Hayder bhai ke samne itna darrti kyu ho?"

(Forget about the prank. Tell me why are you so scared of Hayder bhai?)

"Haan toh, apne kabhi dekha hai unko? Itne scary lagte hain." Putting her hands over her waist, Hyra told her. Unknown to her that her words offended Kubra. "Ankhein itni badi badi kali kali, Dracula jaisi, uppar se chalo chehra itna achha nahi toh kam se kam smile kiya kare, aise dekhte hain." Narrowing her eyes, Hyra tried to mimic Hayder's angry look, and failed miserably.

(Have you looked at him? He looks so scary.)

(His eyes are so big and dark like Dracula. And his face, even if he is not that good looking, the least he could do is smile, but he always look like this.)

"Itne achhe toh dikhte hain. Humare khandan mein sabse handsome hain." Kubra was quick to defend her brother.

(He looks handomse. He is the most handsome in our family.)

"Nahi, sabse handsome Shahzaib bhai hain. Maine aur Uswa ne rank di hai. Shahzaib bhai, Dawar bhai, Rafey bhai, fir Hayder." Proudly, Hyra was saying. As if Uswa and she have solved the most important case of their lives. Which they have. Once, Uswa and Hyra got into an argument who is most handsome in their family, Hyra said Rafey, Uswa was saying Dawar, until they saw Shahzaib walking in the lawn in black kurta pajama, and the mutually decided Shahzaib is most handsome. Sami asked for his rank, and once again both girls mutually decided that Sami's handsomeness is incomparable.

(No, Shahzaib bhai is most handsome in our family. Uswa and I have given them rank. Shahzaib bhai is firse, then Dawar bhai, then Rafey bhai, then Hayder.)