|| 44. Last (UN-EDITED)

As Y/N's lungs cried out for air, panic gripped her heart

As Y/N's lungs cried out for air, panic gripped her heart. The sudden realization of being submerged in the water sent waves of fear crashing through her. 

Gasping for breath, she fought against her instinct to open her mouth, understanding that it would only invite the suffocating embrace of water. Disoriented and disconcerted, Y/N thrashed in the depths, her desperate movements a desperate plea for salvation.

Frantically, her hands beat against her chest, a desperate attempt to find any semblance of relief. The sharp sting of her nails clawing at her neck testified to her desperation. With wide, frantic eyes, she scanned her surroundings, searching for a lifeline in the dark abyss. The weight of the water pressed against her, each passing moment suffocating her further.

Yet, just as despair threatened to consume her, a glimmer of relief washed over Y/N. She felt a subtle transformation taking hold, a strange sensation coursing through her body. Gills emerged along her neck, providing her with the means to breathe underwater. With a rush of gratitude, she inhaled deeply, savoring the oxygen that now sustained her.

Y/N's gaze dropped downward, observing the webbed extremities that had replaced her hands and feet. A flicker of disgust passed through her momentarily, but she quickly pushed it aside, focusing on the task at hand. With newfound agility, she propelled herself through the water, exploring the enigmatic depths of the Black Lake.

Seaweed swayed with a gentle rhythm, casting ethereal shadows upon the aquatic landscape. Schools of fish darted around her, their vibrant colors creating a mesmerizing spectacle. The underwater world, once alien to her, now unfolded with a sense of familiarity. Y/N marveled at the delicate beauty that thrived beneath the surface.

Drawing closer to the edge of an underwater cliff, Y/N felt a surge of curiosity pulling her deeper into the abyss. The pit loomed before her, dark and foreboding. However, driven by determination, she propelled herself forward, descending into the unknown with unwavering resolve.

Y/N glided through the water with an effortless grace, her body moving as if it were one with the currents. The playful fish darted around her, their vibrant scales shimmering in the underwater sunlight. As she descended further into the depths, the colorful corals and intricate rock formations created a mesmerizing underwater landscape.

A sudden obstruction in her path caught Y/N's attention. A patch of kelp, its long, swaying strands entwined and forming a barrier. With a mixture of caution and determination, she pressed forward, her hands gently parting the kelp to clear her view. The words of the egg's melody echoed in her mind, guiding her through the underwater labyrinth.

In the midst of her journey, a captivating melody filled the water, its ethereal notes intertwining with the currents. Y/N's eyes darted around, searching for the source of the enchanting sound. Squinting her eyebrows in confusion, she strained to decipher its origin, wondering if it held any significance in her quest.