── chapter twenty one

"HEY MOM, COLTON is coming over!" miles yelled, walking into the living room while he was on his phone. vienna's head popped up from the couch with a smile on her face.

"he is?" she exclaimed, happy.

"yeah but to hang out with me, not you." he shook his head, flipping off his sister.

vienna rolled her eyes at his tactics. "fuck you then."

"language!" hazel yelled from the kitchen. the two siblings glared at each other before miles sat down beside her.

they watched tv for a while and vienna heard her phone buzz, pulling it out of her pocket to see who texted her.

a smile appearing on her face.

colton!!

colton!!
i'm coming over tday
dont tell miles but i'll prolly
end up ditching him for you🤷‍♀️

vienna
funny one

colton!!
i'm serious!
you're just better😁

vienna bit her lip to stop her from smiling so much so her brother wouldn't get suspicious. her smile dropped when she got another text.

rwe trio🐐

cam wilder
VEGAS IN 2 WEEKS LETS GET
IT

lavar👴
Bro Shut Up
Its Too Early For This

nelson
got my ticket😜😜😜

cam wilder
ur now benched for using
that fucking emoji

vienna
my mom said that she'll
get my ticket tonight

cam wilder
sounds good vee

she just had to get reminded that she had to spend like 10 days with nelson. rolling her eyes, her mother came into the room.

"hey, i have something to say and i know a certain someone won't be too happy about it." hazel glanced over vienna. "cassie invited us to their house for dinner, it's her birthday in a few days and she wants us to celebrate with her."

"i'm not going. i love cassie, tell her i say happy birthday but i'm not going to their house." vienna confirmed, going back onto her phone.

hazel sighed, putting her hands on her hips. "see, i knew you would say that so you're coming whether you like it or not."

"mom! i don't want to be around nelson!"

"but you would fly to vegas with him and the team, be around him for 10 days or more?" she questioned, raising a brow.

vienna pressed her lips into a thin line, her mom got her there. "that's different okay? it's for basketball and you know i would do anything for basketball."

"okay well, you're coming to the neumann's house or else you're not playing in vegas." she shrugged her shoulders, walking away.

vienna's jaw dropped. "mom!"

"neumann's house or no vegas!" her mom yelled and she always stood by her words. vienna lets out a big sigh, already in the bad mood.

colton was right, he kind of ditched miles for vienna. they hung out that whole day, he even taught her how to hit a baseball with a bat.

when he was leaving, vienna gave him a tight hug. "i'll see you soon, it was fun today." she smiled at him.

colton nodded his head. "yeah, it was. let's do it again sometime."

and with that, he left.

"you need to stop stealing my friends." miles frowned, biting on a granola bar. vienna stuck her tongue out at him, heading upstairs. "we're leaving for the neumann's in 15 minutes by the way!"

"okay!" she yelled back, going into her room to change into a dress. her mom mentioned that they had to wear something nice.

she decided on wearing a pink floral dress, then touched up on her makeup.

"vienna!" valorie yelled, meaning that they were leaving.

"coming!" she yelled, putting down the makeup and heading downstairs. they all sat in the car, vienna plugged her phone in to play music.

immediately playing frank ocean.

they arrived at the neumann's house, vienna took a deep breath in and followed her siblings to the front door. it opens, cassie smiling at all of them and hugging hazel.

"i'm so happy you all came! you too vee!" she called out to her. vienna gave her a smile and from the living room, nelson heard her name.

vienna walked in and she immediately made eye contact with the person she didn't want to see. she quickly looked away when niles comes and hugs her.

"i missed you, vee!" he exclaimed, his arms tight around her. vienna smiled and hugged him back.

"i miss you too." he dragged her over to the living room where nelson sat. she tried her best not to look at him but it was hard when niles pushed her right in the spot next to him.

she watches the tv screen, niles handing her a controller so they could play 2k. "are you sure you wanna play against me again? i've beaten you too many times."

"nah, i'll beat you this time!" niles said confidently and they both played. vienna laughs when she was leading in scoring.

nelson glances over to her, taking in her smile.

"time to eat!" they heard cassie yell, they stood up and walked to the dining room. vienna sat in between nelson and niles, her smile widening when she saw all the food.

"this looks so good, cassie!" she exclaimed, the older woman smiles back.

"thank you."

"can you pass me that, please?" vienna asked nelson, he was caught off guard. he was surprised that she was talking to him.

"uh, yeah sure." he mumbled, passing her some of the food. when she took the bowl from him, they hands brush against each other.

quickly, vienna ripped her hand away and just looked away. nelson frowned.

the rest of the night wasn't so awkward, it was fun. they all talked.

it was filled with stolen glance between the two, but surprisingly, they got through the night.