Chapter 22

It was unusual for all of the house members that Ayzel did not make breakfast for them and she was not there too.

"Asma, where is Ayzel?" there was a bit of harshness in Aliya Khanum's tone. Asma was flabbergasted too because till this time Ayzel had ready all the things. Even she came into the kitchen earlier than Asma.

"I" 'll go and check on her," said Asma, and then went to her room. Zain did not utter a word. "It's okay Mother. Maybe she is sleeping and could not wake up earlier." Zikria gave an opinion.

After a few minutes, worried Asma came back rushing. "Aliya Khanum, that Ayzel, she.. she is burning in fever. She was trembling very badly. I tried to wake her but she did not open her eyes." Asma said in one breath. Azyel's condition snatched the earth below their feet. Zikria and Aliaya stood up but Zain ran to her room.

He came back, with Azyel in his arms.

"ASMA KHALA CALLED DOCTOR!" he roared. And took Ayzel upstairs to a room. There were two single beds in the room. He laid down her on one bed. Soon the doctor came and started to examine her.

They all were waiting outside the room but it was Zain pacing in frustration. He was running his hand through his hair as he would unroot them.

"Son, You are scaring me. What's the matter? Do you know the reason behind her sudden illness? She was fine last time." Aliya interrogated her grandson.

"She came back with you last night," Asma asked her with little accusation.

"Asma Khala if this girl put even a step outside of this mansion I will break her legs and you will be responsible for it too," he said in the rudest tone.

"This is not a manner to talk with your elder." Zikria scolded him.

"Son just spill it. My heart is sinking." Aliya cried out.

"That mad girl went to that ****** Ch. Shezad's office, because he had shown her a green garden the night before yesterday. And that...that man tried to take advantage of her." his jaw was very clenching hard. He uttered the truth with the utmost difficulty.

They all gasped loudly. "Tell me she is fine. Nothing worse had happened. Ya, Allah Khair, she is our responsibility as long as she is here." Aliya's worry touched the sky.

"Zain beta, just tell us what we are thinking, has not happened." Asma was crying too.

"No, she somehow saved her." Then Zain told them how he found her.

"Ya, Allah Shuakr(thanks). You saved her. Otherwise, what would we do!" Aliya thanked Allah. Asma also released a breath of peace.

"She never told me where she was going. Otherwise, I would have stopped her." Asma explained herself.
Zikria was rubbing his face too. The thought of different scenarios hit him.

After half an hour the doctor came out. "Her fever was very high. It might be due to some trauma. I have attached an IV. Hope so she will get better in the evening. Give her medicine with proper meals. And there is nothing to worry about."

Zikria went with the doctor to see him off. The other three went inside. Ayzel was still sleeping. Aliya instructed Asma to take care of her.

In the evening Ayzel was a bit better. Asma was feeding her soup when Zain and Aliya came.

"How are you feeling now, beta?" she creased her head and sat on the chair beside the bed.

"Thanks, Aliya Khunum. I am better now," she replied in a weak voice. Zikria came later and he prayed for her health.

"Beti, can I ask you something? Are you not liking the job here or we are not treating you well? Or is there any problem with the salary?" Asma asked her very softly.

And Ayzel felt bad. She hurt them too.

"No, Aliya Khanum. It's not like that. You all are very nice people. It's just me. I never knew that I had to pay that big price for my dream." Her head was hung low.

"Huh, dream." Zain scoffed. "When I forbid you with clear words not to go there. Then what part of my warning did not immerse in your brain?" he scolded her.

"I promise I won't even take a simple step out of my room now." Her head was still lower. A lone tear escaped her eye. Zain pinched his nose. It was not his intention to destroy her confidence. Zikria cheered up her mood.

"Beta you still have a long time. Do your job easily here. And then I will open a restaurant for my daughter by myself." he said with a big smile. Ayzel did not smile. Yesterday's accident rooted her soul and mind darkly.

"Ayzzzooo" Burhan came. As he came to know about her sister, he instantly rushed.

On hearing his voice, she raised her head. Tears sprung from her eyes. He immediately went to her and hugged her. Then she sobbed in his embrace. She needed her brother. " We should leave these siblings alone," Aliya suggested. "Yes. And Burhan you are here now. Take care of your sister. I am tired now." Asma faked a yawn. They all left them alone.

"I am sorry. I am sorry, little sis. I was not there for you." he apologized crying.

After she cried to her content. Then Burhan fed her and gave medicine to her. Asma slept with her at night.

With their care and affection, she recovered physically in a few days. But the wound in her still did not heal.

True to her words she did not come out so much. She only came to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even she stopped interacting with other male servants too. She was used to talking with Mukhtar bhai or teasing Osama, but it was gone too. She stopped sitting on dining tables with them. In pure isolation, she was keeping herself.

This behavior of hers worried everyone. And they discussed it.

"If she continues to live like this, she will end herself," Asma said.

"If someone had not shown his careless behavior, we would not have seen this day. "  Zain directed his anger on Burhan. He made Burhan responsible for this tragedy. Because of him, Azyel made dinner and got noticed by that bastard.

"What done is done. Now think for the future. Burhan take her outside tomorrow. Try to change her mood. She is close to you. " Zikria advised.

Burhan agreed and decided to take Ayzel outside.

The next day she agreed to come with him, after so much insisting on his side.

But the results were not good. When they came back, she instantly went to her room without making eye contact with anyone.

With slumped shoulders, Burhan dropped onto the sofa. His face was sullen. They thought Azyel would come in with happy mode. But the results were the opposite.

"Son, what happened,? Did things go unplanned?" Zikria asked his son.

"Yes, Dad. " Then Burhan told them that they were doing fine when a boy mistakenly bumped into Azyel. This frightened her to scream. He sighed at the end.

Then they all realized the situation was much worse than they thought.

But Zain already sorted out a plan for how to make her squirrel alive again.

So do you like the story??? Express your valuable thoughts.

My dear readers

Vote, share, and comment. :)