Chapter 7.

"Jackson is the orange haired guy with pale skin and freckles." William popped out and said, "That describes all redheads." "True," Joseph said. Joseph was way shorter than the rest of them when they sat down. "He was on our team, remember Peter? The 1st round!" Saying that made Vinny think about how he hit Rachel with the dodgeball during dodgeball. "Ooh, that guy. Vinny he's probably a new student, of course we don't know him." All of a sudden, many gasps emerged from the corner where Vinny was just at. "What's that?" Joseph said as he got up to see. Joseph's eyes widened. "Guys," there was a pause, "you have to see this." Vinny, Peter, and William all got up. 'Was that, Rachel??? She looks so, different!'

Rachel was talking to the other girl students. She was taller. She was skinnier. Her waist was tiny and her hips looked big. They might've been the same size as before and only looked big because her waist was so tiny now. Her hair was silky, curly, and long. Here once thin lips were plump. William uttered, "That's not possible. At least not in a day." "Tell me about it." Hailey, William's twin sister was behind William. Rachel turned around to Vinny and his friends. Her nose was a perfect slope. "Hey y'all!" She waved as she talked. Her teeth were now perfectly aligned and white. As she walked you could tell that her legs were long, maybe the length of Joseph's legs. Hailey forced a smile on and basically yelled, "Hey girl!!! You are slaying! You looked so different yesterday!" Rachel and Hailey hugged. When they stopped Rachel said, "How would you know? You skipped gym yesterday." Rachel giggled. 'Was her voice always that high?' Rachel looked at the rest of the group. "Why aren't you saying anything?" Rachel's skin was clear of acne and texture less. Peter was the first to speak. "Rachel, it's been a while." "He's not wrong," Joseph shrugged his shoulders. William nodded. Vinny looked at Hailey. She had a face of anger. Rachel sighed. "I know that it has been a while since we all did something as a group together. But I want to hang out! How about this Friday? Right before school ends." Hailey gasped. "Ok, genius! I'll go tell the girls that there will be a party! Where will it be? I'll just tell them it's at your house!" Hailey winked at the boys behind of Rachel's back. Rachel sighed. "Guess we're having a party at my house on Friday." Some girls were coming over to talk to Rachel. Rachel waved at the group and went to talk to the girls. "I'm confused," William stated. "Me too," everyone else said in unison. "How can she suddenly just look like a Barbie doll?" Joseph said as he stared at Rachel's physique. Vinny knew what he was saying wasn't true when he said, "Maybe we just couldn't see her body because of the clothes she wears." They stared at Vinny. Peter looked in disappointment at Rachel. "It's so fake, did she get plastic surgery and not have to heal? Men won't find that attractive." Vinny wasn't attracted to Rachel. Was that because he had been friends with her in the past or because she looked uncanny? "I have to admit," all 3 of the boys looked at Vinny as he spoke, "something is wrong with Rachel. She can't change this much this quick, right?" Vinny wasn't answered for a while. "You're right," William put his fist on his hand, "let's find out what happens at the party!" They all nodded.

Vinny popped the question to his mom as they were driving home. "Mom, Rachel-." "Ooh, Rachel? Is she the one that got you sticker into a hole? I thought you ran off when you weren't in your bed. If you're question, ask away." "May I go to a party hosted by Rachel on Friday?" Vinny's mom stopped the car abruptly. She went back to driving when she replied, "Why did you say hosted by Rachel and not Rachel's family?" Vinny was silent. 'I can't lie, that's wrong. But mom probably won't let me go to the party.' "Rachel just said that there going to be a party." Vinny looked down. "If one of your friends goes, monitors you, and tells me everything that happens then you might be able to go." His mom was strict, that's why he didn't have any electronics. His mom's strictness spread to Vinny's dad too. Some of that strictness came from that Vinny was his parents only alive child. 8 years before Vinny was born, his parents had another son. His name was Bryson. With Bryson, his parents were liberal. They let Vinny wander around, which they regretted. But after Bryson died in an car accident, Vinny's parents became very strict. They didn't try to have babies until 2 years after Bryson's death. Sometimes his parents would take Vinny to Bryson's grave. Vinny turned to his mom. He knew she thought about Bryson a lot. "Mom, how old was Bryson when he died?" Vinny's mom gasped when he said this. "Bryson, Bryson was," she paused in her words, "4 years and 2 months old." Her grip on the steering wheel hardened and she started going faster. "Let's just focus on going home." Vinny was scared at that moment. 'Did I make her mad? Why would I even talk about Bryson? Well, it'd nice to have a brother I guess. Still!' Vinny hit himself of the head.

There was a tap at Vinny's window. It was Joseph. Vinny went to the window and quickly unlocked it. "Joseph?" Joseph pulled the window open and jumped in. Joseph looked over Vinny's head. "Still a bookworm, huh?" Vinny looked at his desk. 'The notebook!' Vinny ran to his desk and grabbed the notebook. "Umm, oh yeah. You know I love books." Vinny smiled even though he wasn't enjoying this situation. Joseph was clearly looking at the book. He said in a tone that was getting more curious, "Vinny, what's that book?" Vinny put the notebook in between his chest and his hands. "It's, it's a diary." "Let me look at just one page." Joseph started closer to Vinny. Vinny was t thinking straight. "I don't think you'll like what's in it." Joseph smiled when Vinny said that. "What do you mean by that?" Joseph stepped closer. Joseph jumped out and Vinny out the notebook high (for Vinny) in the air. Joseph easily hit the book on to the ground.