Unspoken connections

Olivia's pov:

Autumn settled over Edinburgh, painting the city with shades of red and gold. And as the leaves fell from the trees, I couldn't help but think about how much had changed since that trip to Madrid.

One evening, I found myself having dinner at Molly's house, along with Emma, Vic, and Jen. The cosy atmosphere in the apartment and the warmth of our friendship enveloped me, erasing the worries of every life

-So, Oliv, any updates from Argentina? - Emma began with a mischievous grin

-You guys are relentless. - I said rolling my eyes playfully.

-We want to know what's going on. - Vic chimed in.

-Okay, fine. We're still talking, and he's been lovely. - I sighed, giving up on their curiosity.

-He sounds like a keeper. - Jen said to tease me.

As we chatted and laughed, I forgot about the complexities of relationships and the distance that separated me from Ivan. It was nice to be surrounded by friends who supported and cared for me.

☆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☆

One evening while we were hanging out at Emma's apartment, they were making plans for my birthday. I was never a birthday person but this year was different. Ivan's birthday was the day after mine, It wasn't that big of a thing but for me, it matter the world. But then Jen interrupted my thoughts looking at me with mischief in her eyes.

-Oliv, can you give us Ivan's number?

-Why do you need Ivan's number? - I quickly responded.

Vic then took my phone out of my hands and annotated his number into her phone.

-You will see. - Jen said still with that mischievous look in her eyes.

☆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☆

Spreen's pov:

As days turned into weeks, thoughts of Olivia were a constant presence in my mind. Carre's words lingered, reminding me that sometimes you have to take a chance for love.

One evening, after one of my streams, my phone buzzed with a message, from an unknown number.

«Unknown» Hi, I'm Olivia's friend, Vic, you know that Olivia's birthday is the next week, and I wanted to know if you are planning something.

I had been planning to book a flight to Edinburgh, to see her. Even tho my birthday was the day after I still wanted to be with her. But I got caught up with streaming and didn't have time to do it.

«Ivan» Hello! I'm planning to maybe book a flight to go see her, but I didn't have the time yet. Are you guys planning to do something?

«Vic» We are probably doing a small get-together at her apartment and maybe have dinner.

«Ivan» Ok, I'll see if I can come but don't tell her anything, because she thinks that I'll be busy because of my birthday being the next day.