Chapter 43

The next day turned out to be busier than ever , busy for everyone , Khadijah started sending invitations since yesterday, kamil left for work early in the morning together with his father , Waleeda on the other hand , went to her University. And that's how everyone's day went quite busy .

Waleeda just finished having her lectures now around thirty minutes after four , on normal days it's the family driver that picks her up but Kamil promised to do so today . As soon as Waleeda stepped out of the gate , she saw Kamil coming towards her with a soft smile on his face , his black tie loosed from his neck .

"You look stressed out. " Waleeda said immediately he stood in front of her , Waleeda turned to notice how the girls around were glueing their eyes on Kamil probably because they haven't seen some one this handsome before.

"Button up your white shirt sir . " Waleeda said when she noticed that his first few buttons are open enough to show his well built chest . Kamil simply held her hand pulling her towards his car that's parked by the right hand side of the university's gate .

"How was your lectures ? " Kamil asked as soon as they've both entered the car , he ignited the engine , driving the car on the smooth busy road.

"Fine . " Waleeda replied continuing to stare at how Kamil's driving wondering if she might learn like this .

Kamil was trying his best to reach home fast because he's so stressed out after having to work at Hiltop , it's a huge selling company so there's always work there and the fact that he'll soon be the CEO makes it harder .

Kamil stopped the car in the midst of a traffic jam where everyone had to stop , he really wanted to reach home fast but it looks like the traffic jam won't allow him , street sellers soon starts to appear by the window side showcasing their goods for it to be bought .

"Hajiya we have the best chocolates here .."

"Hajiya , this sunglasses will fit you well . "

"Hajiya we have tasty chewing gums here . "

The street sellers starts to blabber while Waleeda silently watch them by the window
"Waleelee what do you want ? " Kamil asked when he noticed how Waleeda's staring at the street sellers goods .

"Nothing ..." Came Waleeda's reply .

Kamil traced Waleeda's gaze and then realized that she's staring at the chewing gums being packaged by one of the street sellers . Kamil rolled the glass window down before calling out for the chewing gum seller who quickly ran to Kamil's window side .

"How many ? " Kamil turned to ask Waleeda whose reply remained the same "I said I want nothing. "

"Bring ten each from all the type of chewing gum you have here . " Kamil said to the street seller at the same time passing him the money .

Kamil collected the leather that's filled with chewing gum passing it to Waleeda , he gave the seller his money before rolling the window back up . Waleeda turned to carry the leather he dropped , she peeped into the leather to see varieties of chewing gums in it.

" Thank you . " Waleeda said , she carried one chewing gum and starts to chew enjoying it sweetness.

"Don't ever hesitate to ask me for anything Waleelee . " Kamil responded as he continue to drive the car after the traffic jam has subsided and everyones' cars is now moving towards their various destinations.

Waleeda simply continued to chew on the gum till they reached home , kamil parked the car back on its usual spot before stepping out of it , his fingers entwined with Waleeda's fingers who is now by his side now chewing another different gum .

Waleeda was quite confused when she noticed that many invited guests have already started arriving in the event center for the celebration , She quietly walked into the house with Kamil until they reached the living room where Khadijah and some of the family members are seated already dressed planning to go to the event center now .

"Waleeda , let's get you dressed up you're late . " Khadijah said as soon as Waleeda's face was in view , Khadijah tried to remove Kamil's hand from Waleeda's hand so that she can help Waleeda to get dressed yet Kamil held even tighter .

"I know you're very obsessed with my daughter here but she needs to get dressed up and you too should go and change . " Khadijah said when she noticed how Kamil's deliberately holding Waleeda's hand .

"Haba Mama , so I'm no longer your child now it's Waleelee right ? " Kamil teasingly questioned as the same time releasing Waleeda's hand whispering a "see you later . " in her ear .

Khadijah gently pulled Waleeda up the stairs and that's when Waleeda took notice of how beautifully dressed she is in a pink puffy gown with a matching pink veil neatly tied .

"You look beautiful Mama . " Waleeda said to Khadijah as they walk up the stairs .

"Thank you dear . " Khadijah replied still guiding Waleeda up the stairs , Waleeda was quite confused when Khadijah pulled her towards her room rather than Waleeda's room.

"The makeup artist is in my room . " Khadijah said managing to clear out Waleeda's confusion . Waleeda isn't really a fan of makeup but just this time , she'll got for it .

Khadijah pushed opens the door to her large room revealing a neatly arranged room into on view , Waleeda noticed a woman seated on the black couch in Khadijah's room chewing a gum .
"Celester. " Waleeda called giving her mother's friend a short hug before stepping back .

"Oh you two know each other ?" Khadijah asked while Waleeda nodded her head in response , of course she knows Celester , a very good friend of her mother .

________________________________
Author : thank you for reading SEE .
Pls do vote comment and share .

Check out my other stories too

Thanks 🤍