𝟏𝟔. 𝐓𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐲

Yuvaani 

I woke up to the most irritating sound of the universe. 
Alarm. 

I took a glance of my phone which reads four thirty am. Today's Vihaan's birthday and we have pooja at seven am, so I need to get stuff done. 

I woke up from the bed, and moved to his room. Everything was quite dark as it was early morning. I switched on the dim lights and made my way to the restroom to complete my morning routine. 

For now, till the household stuff gets done, I'm wearing a simple t-shirt and track pants. Later on, I'll change into saree. 

I looked at the kids, they were looking so serene while they were asleep.

How can anyone not love them?

They can just attract anyone by their innocence. And, I bent to kiss them. Pihu wiggled a little when I kissed her, but I patted her and she was asleep again. My gaze went to their father, who was asleep too. 

Thank you for the cake, Aarush. 

I covered him with his comforter that wasn't on him. 

I then moved to kitchen, slowly choosing the bedroom door behind me. I saw Di making something. 

"You're up?" I asked her.

"Yeah, good morning! Actually, I forgot to make some sweets yesterday, we need sweets for Pooja na?" She said.

I greeted her back and said "Di, but we can bring it too. Why are you doing it?" 

"Early morning 7o'clock which shop is open, dear?" 

That has point

"True, I'll help you" I said and joined her, following her instructions.

"But why are you up so early, Vaani? You should've slept more" 

"Di, I thought ki khana bana du. Because we know na, sham ko celebration hai, and today's full day will go in that itself! Everyone will be so busy, they won't have food. So, I thought jaldhi khana ho jayega toh baad mein sabhi kaam nishchint roop se ho jayenge. Papa ki sugar bhi toh hai na, he needs medications. For that he need food on time" 

She looked at me with awe. I can read her expressions.

"You're so caring, Vaani. You think about everyone in this house, except yourself. I would say, you should look after yourself too" she said pouring the flour in a large container and making dough of it. 

"Puran poli?" I asked and she nodded smiling. 

We prepared breakfast, lunch, and sweets for all of us and it was six seven am now. I need to wake up kids and get them ready by six thirty! 

Jiju, Papa and Maa were awake by now and they arranges all the Pooja samagri in the hall itself. Jiju made giant space in the middle of the living room, sliding the sofas to the end. And in the middle of the room, they placed the havan kund, and necessities along with it. 

I headed to the room and saw Aarush in his t-shirt and jeans. He looked fresh indicating, he has been ready. 

"Aarush, aaj pooja hai" I reminded him. 

He looked at his attire and then at me "Oh, yes! I forgot! Thank you" with that he took his clothes from his wardrobe and went to the restroom. 

I like him how he respects my presence in the room. Being a man, he can even change here, but it would be awkward for both of us! So he went in. He's truly a man of culture.

I went to the cots and cooed the babies and took them in my arms. They snuggled a bit and finally woke up. Still, encircling their arms around my neck.

"Mama" Pihu yawned.