𝟏𝟗. 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭

Aarush

It's so done! How can they just give Priya's saree to Yuvaani!! And no one even objected to it. I felt anger and guilt at the same time. Anger because, obviously my oh so sweet mother gave my love's saree to Yuvaani. And guilt because I couldn't help it. I shouldn't have obeyed at first to shift Priya's belongings to the other room. I should've taken care of it myself.

There's a saying, if the start of the day is good, the day goes well. The start is so torturous, my day will be traumatic already. I couldn't work at my office, and my head of department had given me three more freaking files to review by five pm. What can be better than this, right?

Do note the sarcasm.

My office hours passed by quickly, thankfully. I was on the way home, and I didn't wish to go back. Although, I had to. No one understands my point no matter how strongly I try to keep it. They all forgot her as a passing wind.

But I won't.

She was. Is. And forever will be the person I look up to.

I reached home and Yuvaani opened the door for me and I asked her where everyone was as there was no noise in the house, which was unusual. She answered that they had already left for the venue, and moved back to the room. 

She felt sad. And I know that because of me. But if you consider my situation, I wasn't at fault either. It was my mother. And everyone was so casual about it.

How would you feel, like the last belongings of your love being snatched away from you? When people just force you to move on? When they show sympathy but they don't mean it?

I got my Pihu ready and she crawled to Yuvaani asking her to pick it up. When Yuvaani picked her up, Pihu threw the hairband off.

Kids!

And Priyansh was ready too. I got him twinning with me. Soon, we sat in the car and I noticed she was sitting in the backseat with the kids.

Maybe because of the morning incident.

I felt guilty. Really guilty. But I know, even if I explain, it won't count and she won't understand my place. Soon, he reached the venue and got down the car. Pihu was so adamant today to be with her, she refused to come to me. She kept playing with her mangalsutra, and her thin chain that she was wearing.

As we got in, Vihaan was upset with me, and I cheered him up. I thank God that he's a kid. If he weren't, it may be too difficult for me to cheer him up.

Then, I made my friends meet Yuvaani and they exchanged greetings. It felt unusual somewhere. They called her 'bhabhi'. It was just a few months back they were addressing Priya by that name.

How fast night changes!

I saw her playing with Pihu and Priyansh in a corner of the room. I don't know why but it felt content that my kids are accepting her as their mother. They just rely on her. They go to her more often than me. I ain't opposing the change, but I am constantly worried that they shouldn't go away from me. Because they're all I have.

My gaze went up to her. She looked good. But sad. Learning the fact I'm behind her worries, it made me feel guilty. I ain't causing things myself. It's just- the situation puts me in the way that I had conflicts with her. And not a single word she uttered till date. I can't see her like this. I need to apologize and look after my actions before performing them in front of her.

"Aarush" Atharv called me.

"Yes bro!" I went to him.

He put his hand over my shoulder and dragged me out. Making me sit near the garden frame that was much shorter in height. So we sat there.