001

Joy sat in the cafeteria with Erael eating a sandwich.

She was scrolling through Instagram while listening to music as Erael watched her.

Erael tapped Joy's shoulder causing her to remove an airpod , "Yes?". She waited for Erael to say something

Erael sighed, "Are you mad at me?". Joy shook her head 'no'

"How was work?", Erael asked

Joy shrugged.

Joy worked as a bartender at a nightclub every weekend, she'd been working there for almost two years. She'd sneak out the house to work and made atleast $2,000 a night. She saved over $200,000 over the two years for an apartment and used the rest of the money to pay bills and buy food and essentials.

"I'm sorry about yesterday", Erael pleaded

Joy rolled her eyes , "Erael, it's not the first time you do this so it's fine, I guess". She shrugged

It was normal for Erael to abandon Joy whenever she said something she didn't like. At first , Joy thought the things she said were a trigger to her but she soon realised that Erael was a petty person.

"I know, but isn't that a bad thing to do to a friend". Erael asked

Joy sighed, "Erael, if I was your friend, you wouldn't do that but it's honestly fine". Joy never really held grudges, she knew that nothing was worth ruining her peace.

Erael smiled , "Okay, well since we good, can you please come with me". Joy sighed

Joy rose an eyebrow taking off her other airpod, "Where?". She stuffed her phone and airpods into her tote bag

"To Erin's crib. They havin a lil chill session and Brian will be there". Erael blushed as she got up from her seat followed by Joy and they walked to Erael's car.

Erin was Erael's older brother and he was hosting a little weed session with his friends , including Brian who is Erael's boyfriend.

They arrived at Erin's house and got in seeing people on the floor some eating , some smoking and some on their phones.

Joy sighed as she sat on the floor and got on her phone.

Erin stood in front of her , "Wassup Jo". He greeted as she rolled her eyes

She didn't like Erin one bit. She fed off people's energy and there was something about his she didn't like so she didn't really associate with him, even though he was her friend's brother.

She huffed , "I told you stop calling me that , Erin". Erin chuckled, "You skipped school to come see me"

She rolled her eyes , "No, I don't fuck witchu like that, Erin"

He smirked , "Say my name again". She shuddered and stood up from the floor , "I'm leaving". She said making her way to the door but Erin stopped her midway

"You good ova' hear". He laughed but was stopped when Joy slapped him causing the eyes of his guests to land on them

He took her wrist and held it tightly, "Let me the fuck go". She sneered

Erael came downstairs with a gown and an after-sex look on her face. She looked around and saw Erin's nose flaring as he held Joy's wrist which slowly turned red.

Erael looked over to Joy, "Do you wanna go outside?". She asked

"I just wanna leave this house" , Joy breathed heavily as her voice cracked

Erael huffed, "Erin, let her go". She rolled her eyes

Erin smirked, "You gon' pay for this, Jo". He whispered as she stared at him with anger

Joy yanked her hand away from his hold and walked out the house furiously wiping her tears.

She sat on the hood of Erael's car and cried softly.

Erin always bothered her every chance he got and it made her furious yet scared. What if he had an obsession with her, she was feared of it sometimes but chose to release her anger rather than express her fears.

Erael stomped over to Joy and pushed her off the car hood , "So harassing my brother then crying about it is okay?". Joy groaned as she got up from the ground , "Erael, your brother keeps bothering me and I always tell him to stop. Ask him why does he victimize himself when he's the problem". She sniffled as she wiped her tears dusting off her clothes

Erael sighed , "It's just how he is, even with me"

Joy nodded her head chuckling humorlessly, "Does he touch you too?". Joy never told Erael that Erin had went as far as touching her inappropriately because honestly, What can Erael do about it? and there was nothing she could say about it because she had no proof.

Erael huffed but kept quiet looking on the ground.

Joy shook her head, "Is my phone where I left it?". Erael shook her head , "It's in my room charging. Look , if you mad I'm so-". Joy cut her off

Tears began to form in her eyes, "Yes , I am. Because you claim to be my friend but you don't act like it. The sad thing is that you keep apologizing but you don't mean that shit"

"Joy, I'm so-"

Joy shook her head, "We ain't friends". She walked back into the house with Erael following behind her continuously apologizing.

Joy got her phone and walked out the house with Erael hot on her tail.

"Can I have my tote bag please" , Joy asked softly

Erael huffed but obliged, getting her bag from her car and giving it to her.

Joy wiped her tears as they fell, "I don't even know why I'm friends with you"