chapter eight

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Uma's crew started coming in from ropes and bridges. "Let's play pretty girl." She heard a man say from behind her.

Turning around quickly, Tala held a smirk on her face as she saw a pirate coming towards her with his sword in hand. Raising his sword,
Tala feigned innocently before she quickly countered his movement, kicking him as hard as she could. He landed over the bridge and into the water with a rather loud splash.

Letting out a scoff, "What kind of pirate who doesn't know how to handle a sword."

"Technically not me, I can handle it pretty well ey." A familiar voice said behind her. Smirking, she looked over her shoulder to see Harry staring at her in awe.

"Of course, a crazy pirate knows his sword."

"Think you can handle me?" He challenged, raising a brow.

"Let's dance." She shot back before moving to strike at him, only for him to block her attack. She huffed, moving to strike again at him, only for him to jump out of the way, a grin plastered on his face as he laughed.

"You know, you almost fight as well as a man!" He taunted, slashing his sword at her. She blocked the action with her own, the sound of clashing metal hitting their ears.

"Funny, I was gonna say the same thing about you!" She shot back before pushing him away with all her might. "Well, I was gonna refer you as a woman but your improving—" Harry grunted, falling on his back. Tala smirked, swinging the sword at him again. The pirate fortunately dodged it though, quickly rolling the opposite direction.

"So what's next love? Are you gonna stab me and then leave with your little boyfriend?" He snapped, quickly standing up as he did. By now, the two were standing in front of each other, both of their swords pointed at the other.

"Boyfriend?" She asked, genuinely baffled at the accusation.

"Jay." He hissed, saying it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I mean, he was quick to grab you and take you away with him, now wasn't he?"

Tala stared at him before chuckling, her chuckle soon turning into a full on head throwing laugh as her sword almost fell on the ground. "You think Jay and I are a thing?!" She shrieked with laughter waving the sword around. "Oh, that's hilarious!"

"Well, I did date him before but now we're just friends— wait. Don't tell me your jealous about my ex." She giggled, stepping closer to him.

"And if I was?"

"Was what?"

"Jealous." Harry said, this time he was the one to take a step closer to him. "If I was jealous, don't you think I have that right?"

"You only just met me." She scoffed, shaking her head as Harry took another step.

"Yes, but it feels like I've known you for years just from your lovely letters. " He admitted, now being close enough for him to move some of her now brown hair away from her face. "It feels like I know everything about you."

"Letters?"

"You could stay here you know.
With me." He sighed, touching her cheek with his actual hand. She flinched at how warm it was compared to the metal hook he would always carry around, not used to the feeling.

"What letters are on about?" She snapped, pushing him away with her sword. Feeling angry thinking he stole the letters from her mystery person.

"Did you steal my letters?"

Harry sneered at her words, about to say he was the one who received them. But before he could, he felt someone rip his hook out of his hands.
Turning around, he saw Jay holding the hook triumphantly. "Looking for this?" The boy asked tauntingly, the pirate teen glaring daggers at him as he slowly turned to face him.

Jay chuckled before pitching it over the walk they were standing on.

"No!" Harry screamed, running to the ledge and looking over, just in time to watch his prized possession fall into the water. Without thinking, the pirate quickly jumped in after it, Tala gasping.

"Harry!" She called after him, only to be grabbed by Jay.

"Come on! We have to go!" Tala nodded slightly as Jay began tugging on her arm, her reluctantly following. As they ran towards the exit, she kept looking back, hoping to try and catch one more glimpse at Harry to know that he's alright.

When Jay and Tala caught up with the group, they were loading the limo.
Mal pushed Ben inside the car, no one noticing how she had dropped her spell book on the ground.

Once everyone got inside, Jay quickly press the gas pedal, the gate appeared in front of them, on the way back to Auradon.

She rubbed her hands over her lap and felt something inside her pocket, reaching her hand inside and grabbed the object. Her eyes watered with sight of her ring. The same ring she gave ocean to deliver to him. He must've slipped it in her pocket when he was distracting her.

Closing her palm with a heavy sigh she looked through the back window, watching as the Isle got smaller and smaller. And watching how Harry became farther and farther out of reach.

"Goodbye." She whispered before looking away, a deep frown on her face at the thought of her never seeing the pirate again.

——

Tala and Ben walked side by side on the courtyard gave. Both heading toward the castle with nervousness.

"What are you going to tell them?" Tala spoke timidly. They walked inside the open door as she nods at the guards.

"Nothing, and you wont say anything." Ben said, glancing at her when they arrived at the room where the last meeting is being held.

Tala modded when the doors opened and both parents were inside, the mothers sitting on the couch as the fathers stood behind them with a hard glare.

Both stepped inside the room with hesitation, the doors closing behind them.

Adam and Joseph narrowed their eyes with a raised brow causing the due to break. Both telling everything without a stutter, forgetting the 'never telling' deal.

——