Chapter 35 | Medusa's Curse

The howl caused the battle to halt

Atop the hill, the Blood Goddess stood. Her red moon soaked the land in a crimson glow, trees shifting in the breeze now appearing completely red.

"Weak!" The woman howled, taking her short, long-brimmed hat and throwing it to the ground, "Shed BLOOD FOR ME!" Signey screamed, her voice contorting into a sinister- monstrous one, "SHED MORE."

"LET MOTHER CONSUME YOU! LET HER FINISH HER ASCENSION AND BE BETTER THAN SELENE ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

She doubled over, clutching her stomach and stumbling. Her skin ripped and mashed, bones crackling as she'd lean backward and yowl with might.

White hair grew out along her body, claws digging into the earth. Spreading her arms out, her hands grew into large talons. Her spine crackled as long porcupine-like spines grew out, slowly leading down to her tail.
Second pairs of claws grew between her paws, the disgusting sound of gnashing and ripping sounding as her body acclimated. Her clothing shred into pieces, jewelry popping like exploding balloons.

Her head bent and snapped as a wolf's head shifted. The lips on her maw were missing, exposing unusually sharp teeth, gums, and visible fragments of bone. 

Warriors watched in absolute horror as she turned into a monster. Her mother was famed for her beauty- yet her true form was that of a nightmare.

Half of Signey's body was covered in ugly, old burns. The burns were a dark, maroon red. They were wrinkly, scarred, and covered in scabs. The burns parted through her white fur like the scars along Riot's face.

"No..."

Artio's voice echoed through her mind. They hadn't needed to talk through words in a while- only needing to communicate through emotion.

"It's... It's Medusa." Artio muttered.

Riot's breathing worsened- that feeling of fear seeping into her skin. She licked her maw anxiously.

Medusa opened her eyes. She stood there as a full-blown Lycan, mixed with the monstrosity that is a rogue. She bore the burden of being their hideous queen.

Snake green eyes cast themselves across the battlefield, sweeping over everyone. 

Slowly- one by one- every wolf fell to the ground. No fighting, growling, or snapping was left in the wake of her gaze. The harrowing whisper of heavy breathing was all Riot could hear.

Nearby, River avoided some twitching but stone-frozen rogues on the ground. Her tail was in between her legs.

It was evident why her name was Medusa. One look made everyone freeze in terror.

But she and River were unaffected.

"I HATE YOU!" The now deeper voice of her mother howled in her mind, "STUPID- IDIOTIC CHILDREN! IMMUNE TO YOUR MOTHER! IMMUNE TO MY POWER!"