Chapter 1 - Stretched Like Taffy

In a mumbling port town in France, year 1482, whose edges lay along her soggy shore, there was no harshness of sound for the ear to hear. A pearly seagull
kissing the skies, and no call from its beak. A tattered fabric hanging on a rail, only wavering in the quaintness of the wind.
    Regrettably, this town just cannot have nice things. Just then, the quaintness of the town was ruined by a pair of buckled youth, tumbling at pathetically high speeds from the doors of the local butcher, digging up the dirt with their chins and their butts thrown over their heads. These two, perhaps living their first years of adulthood, absolutely packed into the gravel. One of them undoubtedly had to be made of wood, even had a face whittled like a Native American carving. He promptly took to his knee to smack the grime off his foreign clothes and gave a hand to his friend, a man who possessed more a likeness to a little demon that had been pulled to a height of 5'11" like taffy. Then the butcher, with a face dunked in lard, shook his fist from the swinging doors and hollered, "You stay out, I say! Stay out of my shop for good! For good! Sons of—"
     The two sons of nothing took to their heels right there, leaving a dent in the path where they had fallen. The man in foreign clothes hailed his bleeding nose, "Ether, my brother, my nose may never be the same."
     The stretched demon, running like a cackling witch, responded with a wiley grin, "Kiwi, your nose fine. Just readjust it like you did my shoulder that time I yanked it out of socket haha!"
The demon, Ether (as we should call him, even if his behavior does bot suit his graceful name well) plucked a pebble that was jammed in his cheek and exclaimed at his sight, "Ah, there she is! My lovely lady!"

    Nearly a quarter of a mile away was the
the whiffing sea. Bobbing and loyally stayed, a ship, Ether's said lovely lady, anchored there, hidden on the far side of the port deck. Ether leaped onto one of the dangling ropes off the gunwale and shimmied like a wild monkey up till he climbed inside his ship. He ran to retrieve his tricorn hat, which Ether was severely fond of, then stuck his head out and cried to Kiwi, "Where are the twins?!"
Ether utilized his bird's eye view from the dock and looked for his missing crew mates.
"Where are they where are they? If they don't hurry themselves we will be personally slaughtered by a company of butchers" Ether said to himself. Then, he spotted them. Standing behind a wall of nearby barrels, with what seemed to be a third person?
"Belle and Cindy!" cried he. "Pray, what are you doing now?!"

 "Pray, what are you doing now?!"