Chapter 1.5 - Can We Fit One More?

Perhaps, the tossing of Ether and Kiwi was not the only stir of chaos in this French port town. Fifteen minutes earlier, there was an empty street. Then, there was a bullet of a woman, who's name was Arel De Antonette, dashing hard, eyes gleaming in fright, flinging her limbs in constellations yet somehow as fast as a madman. She was pleading in her race to find somewhere to escape from her vicious fate. Behind her was a boy about her age, yanked by a foaming, galloping hound. They were in a feral chase after her and she had nowhere to hide.
"There she goes! Go, go, go buddy!" chanted the boy.
     Arel was hopeless until she spotted two other women, looking trustworthy enough, perched just by a wall of barrels. She, who was explosive in judgment, dashed by their side and swung behind them.
These prized flesh shields were twins from the icey, flesh-splitting ivey hills of the most northern hemisphere. The dimples of one twin poked her grin, and the other grimaced with just the same vigor. The hound came chasing, but lifted his nose as if he had caught a scent of some menace. He squelched and whipped his head around in the twins' presence, and threw his master swiveling in his boots in the opposite direction. Arel burped and withered to the ground.
"What have you, eh, woman?"

     Arel, gaping gasping and filthy in sweat, could not answer. The twin with dimples sat down with her and cooed, "You poor, poor thing! Oh, oh!" she fawned. The other twin tucked her chin in her fur cloak and repeated her demand, "Well, what have you now? Need from us, do you?"
     She wiped her forehead like a bird pruning her feathers and rolled her chin in response, "I am in need! I need to get far away from this town, today."
"Today?"
"Yes, I must leave as soon as this hour, because I fear the safety in my own home lasts no more."
"I say, you certainly are pigmented in anxiousness. Cindy, what thinks you?"
The dimpled twin, Cindy, took Arel's hands and lifted her up, "We are leaving right now. You should come with us!"

     From up high, behind the glare of the sun, Ether's beckons provoked his delaying crewmates. "Belle!! Cindy!! What IS the hold up?"
Belle and Cindy directed themselves towards his calls. "Captain," Belle said, "can we bring this girl?"
"Wha—-of course not?! Come on now, we can't set sail without you!" 
     Kiwi, still on the deck, caught sight of three butchers coming their way like vegetables on furious legs. "Ether! Here they come!" he exclaimed, and immediately began climbing his way into the ship. They had no arguments to spare.