𝐒𝐈𝐗

a/n: a lot shorter this chapter
but you'll see why at the end

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     SOMETHING IS UP WITH TESS

SOMETHING IS UP WITH TESS. At least that's what Josie thinks to herself as they head towards the State House. Even just before they entered the museum, not that she was super cheerful because she never is, but she seemed more... hopeful. Or at least not as upset at whatever was now on her mind.

But Josie knows better than to ask what's wrong again. Much like Joel, Tess has been one to keep her feelings to herself, pretty much the entire time Josie has known her.

When they finally make it to the safe house and don't see a single person outside, Josie looks around. "Somethings not right," she whispers.

"I don't like this. Where the fuck is everybody?" Joel voices his agreement with Josie.

Joel walks around the big truck, not feeling any better when the only person he comes across is dead. It's then that Ellie points to a few drops of blood, saying they must've went inside.

Before they can even discuss what to possibly do, Tess grabs Ellie's hand and begins to practically drag her up the steps. She ignores Joel and Josie as they call out to her.

Something is definitely going on, Josie thinks.

Making their way into the building, everyone's stomach drops as they look around and only see dead bodies. The blood still being wet tells them that their deaths were semi-recent.

"There's gotta be a — a fuckin' radio or something right??" Tess begins to frantically look around.

"Who did this? FEDRA?"

Joel flips one of the bodies over, figuring it out when he sees the man's eyes. "One of them got bit. Healthy ones fought the sick ones and everyone lost."

"Ellie! Where did Marlene say that she was taking you?" Tess approaches them again, seeming even more panicked than she was just a few minutes ago.

"Uhh — I don't know, just west."

Josie stands there, unsure of what to do. Joel is clearly very upset, while Tess is frantic, and Ellie seems unsure of what to do too.

"Joel! Will you just fuckin' help me? One of them had to have a — a map on them or something."

"No! Tess it's over. We are going home."

Part of Josie is relieved at the thought of having a bed in the near future. But the bigger part of her hurts for everyone involved.