𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     A MIRACLE OCCURRED WHEN JOSIE FIRST MET BILL AND FRANK

A MIRACLE OCCURRED WHEN JOSIE FIRST MET BILL AND FRANK. Within 20 minutes of being in their home, she made Bill laugh. As the sound emerged from him, everyone but him and Josie froze and stared in amazement. Frank had been warned beforehand that they were bringing someone new with them, and he'd done his best to warm Bill up to the idea, but ultimately no one knew how he'd react.

Things started out tense, in that Bill aimed his rifle at Josie as she was first to walk through the gate. When Joel and Tess followed, his first thought was that she was holding them hostage and forced them to lead her there.

It was evident that wasn't the case when Joel immediately stepped in front of her, yelling for Bill to drop the fucking gun.

Josie showed almost no reaction other than stepping out from behind Joel and walking right up to Bill. She held her hand out and introduced herself. After a few very tense seconds, Bill indeed lowered his gun and reciprocated the handshake.

"If you're done trying to scare our newest guest, it'd be nice if they came into our home instead of just standing outside of it!" Frank waved to them from the porch.

It was comical, how just a few minutes later they were all seated at the dining table to eat the lunch that had been kindly prepared for them.

Josie immediately loved Frank. When he found out she was from New York, he became fascinated. Once he was sure Josie didn't mind, he asked questions about her and Pietro growing up. And she really didn't mind, truthfully, it was nice talking about her brother.

After a quick meal because it was clear Joel and Bill didn't want to enjoy a meal in each others company, Frank offered to show Tess the progress that he'd made on their garden. She accepted instantly, and he then extended the invitation to Josie.

"I'm almost done I'll just finish my food first, I'll meet you guys out there," Josie smiled.

Upon hearing that, Joel took his seat again. He knew Bill wasn't about to leave her alone in their home, and he wasn't about to leave her alone with Bill.

"Joel, it's okay go with Tess," Josie tried her best to reassure him.

"I—"

"I'll be fine," Josie nodded towards the direction Frank and Tess had gone. "I'll come join you in a minute."

Joel stared at her for a moment to work out if he should go, but he ultimately decided to listen. Once the back door clicked shut, Josie turned her attention back to Bill.