CHAPTER 10 - Thick Tension

The words Y/N yelled caught the redhead off guard and upon turning around, noticed the impending danger that was behind her. It was the same thing she's been seeing ever since she went further into the house. Ashlyn quickly yanked away her hand before it could do significant harm to her. However, the unknown entity did manage to get a scratch on her arm that only Y/N managed to see.

Upon the sudden tug, she fell back on her butt with a shocked expression. Everyone stood there in utter horror, some wondering and questioning the same thing about what just occurred right before their eyes as they tried to process the situation. While the others were panicking, Y/N stood there spacing out with a slightly surprised expression evident on her face, her mind trying to process what just happened.

'I am at a loss for words...' Despite being loss for words, Y/N began questioning the possible solution of the situation.

The group still kept questioning the situation, scared it might show up again. 

"What was it?" Taylor kept looking frantically around her to make sure it wasn't near as she was scared it might come back.

"I-I don't see it anywhere." Logan stuttered nervously as well as about the sight he just witnessed.

"One of the ghosts maybe?" Aiden said nonchalantly. It was almost as if he was expecting it to appear again. 

While this was happening, Tyler began growing increasingly frustrated, and he was finding it hard to believe but shrugged it off out of frustration, not wanting to believe what he just saw.

"Are you guys dumb?" Tyler was annoyed at this ridiculous claim. "Ghosts aren't real. This is just some stupid prank."

"A prank?"

"Obviously. A group conveniently cancels a reservation, and our guide just happens to have an excuse to leave? Then when we're all alone in a 'haunted' house we have a scary encounter. Immediately after said "scary encounter" the thing just disappears before we can confirm or touch it?"

He scoffs, "Yeah right. This is definitely a setup for reaction video to make money. They probably have cameras and a projector hidden somewhere."

"So what you are saying is that we're in some video, and saying that what we saw was fake? How can you say that when we all witness it disappear into thin air and right before our eyes." Y/N questioned.

"Well explain how the fact that it hasn't laid a scratch on us. it's proof to show it's not real." He crossed his arms as he stated his claim.

'So wait? They didn't see how it scratched her arm, or am I the only one who saw it?' Y/N glanced over at the redhead, who remained on the ground puzzled at the situation. "Though if there was a projector wouldn't there be a light where the video was coming from? The light would've shone down on the ground or somewhere, but we didn't see any of that, did we?"

"So you're just going to believe what you saw so easily? Things like that just don't randomly disappear like that."

"I'm not saying I am, but from how we all saw it simultaneously proves my point, though I find it hard to believe myself. As much as it's hard to believe, the fact remains." Y/N wasn't sure how she got so smart with putting things into words. She was just as lost at them, yet somehow she was acting like a professional at this even though she had never come across any sort of abnormal thing in her life.

Tyler grew annoyed, his anger rising as he couldn't find himself saying anything about her remark. In the end, he just grew more and more frustrated, which soon made him turn irritated.

"Forget it! Screw you and your idiotic video! For the record, you don't have permission to use our reactions!" He yelled, grabbing Taylor's wrist, "C'mon Tay. We're going back on the bus."