CHAPTER 20 - Danger

Not long after Y/N said those words, Ashlyn's hearing senses picked up something, and upon slowly glancing forward she was then met face-to-face with the phantom. The two girls stared with shocked expressions witnessing the phantom's body disoriented while it stared deeply at them, as if staring straight into their souls.

"Ashlyn..." Y/N muttered under her breath, hoping for something to be said.

Horror and fear were expressed on their faces, as it then spun its head back into position. Its smile never left its face as it continued to stare down at the two.

"Not good!" Yelled Tyler.

"Ashlyn, Y/N!" Taylor exclaimed, her expression filled with worry and concern for the two girl's well-being. It's clear that she wanted to help in some way, however, knowing the danger it'll cost would be intense.

The phantom reacted quickly, its claw out ready to attack the two. Noticing this, a small gasp left the redhead's lips, which made the two girls act quickly on their separate course of action of moving out of the way. Y/N pushed herself back, and by using her two hands she got at a far distance for the phantom not to reach.

As for Ashlyn, she rolled herself over to the side, however, as she attempted to get away her two long braids remained in the way, giving the phantom an advantage as it grabbed a grip on them, yanking them back hard, which caused her to wince back in pain.

"Ashlyn!" Y/N watching the scene let out a gasp, her worry being evident as she called out her name.

At that moment, time seemed to be frozen, and watching all this unfold made her feel helpless. It didn't make it better as she felt her hands tremble. However, she knew she couldn't just stand by and watch all this happen before her eyes. Frantic, she thought of a way to help without getting near the phantom, as it would only result in her being hurt.

"Get the weapons!" Ashlyn yelled while holding the back of her hair to try and ease the pain, as expressed on her face.

"Got it!" Tyler quickly got up along with his sister as they both ran to the box of weapons, while Ben also went along with them upon witnessing the two girls in danger.

Y/N's thoughts were racing with worry, her mind panicked at her next moves on the situation, seeing someone in danger, and while she was watching it all made her chest race rapidly. It made her feel still, she couldn't even begin to process the worry in her chest as she suddenly snapped. Instinctively she reacted, and with her momentum, she managed to do a 360 kick on the ground while on her side, swinging her attack directly at the phantom's face. Thankfully, it did just the trick as it then released her from its grasp.

"QUICK, grab my-" Before Y/N could finish her sentence, the two girls felt two hands drag them from under the seat which caused a sudden yelp to leave their lips at this sudden action. At that moment, Y/N closed her eyes on instinct.

"Gotcha!" A familiar voice yelled, and Y/N recognized who that voice belonged to. Glancing to the side, she saw Aiden holding Ashlyn by her arm, meaning he was the one to drag her from underneath the seat.

Despite this sudden action, she was thankful. Relief washed over Y/N, knowing that they were saved from that dangerous moment let her breathe a sigh, but then suddenly a realization that someone was still holding onto her arm caught her attention. It made her wonder who was the one to help her. She then got curious, and looking over her shoulder she saw a familiar figure. Brunette hair, glasses, and worried blue eyes staring down at her.

'Logan...?'

The two boys then slowly helped the separate individual girls in their grasp onto the seat. "Ya good?" Asked Aiden.

"Yeah," Said Ashlyn.

"Me? Quite the opposite." The H/C hair girl replied.

At that critical moment, everyone's focus shifted to under the seat. They were shocked to see phantoms swinging their claws at them, possibly trying to hit one of them. This made them quickly retreat further into their seats. Y/N, Ashlyn, who managed to move her hair aside, and Logan were all horrified and let out screams of fear together.

"GAH!"

"Woah!" Aiden was caught off guard by this, but his reaction was different from the other three. It seemed more casual and slightly surprised.

Not wanting to stay any longer, they all rushed away from their current seat, pushing themselves out to quickly get away. Once at a safe distance, they stared back at the seat, fear and panic were on their expressions as bits of sweat edged on their faces.

"Now what?" Logan asked, his voice filled with panic.

Soon, the phantom started slowly rising from under the seat. Seeing this, Aiden's gaze averted briefly to see an open window, prompting a smile to emerge on his face at a sudden idea that crossed his mind. The phantom then charged towards the group, and when it was close enough Aiden got a grip on both of its wrists and swung them around.

"Aiden?!" Ashlyn called out as she flinched seeing the scene.

'This idiot!' Thought the H/C-haired girl, worry and panic on her expression seeing him being reckless.

Once he swung the phantom, he then fell back right above the seat with the open window while still keeping a hold of its wrist. As he fell back, he carried the phantom with his two feet before pushing its body towards the window, its head the only thing sticking out. The three who watched the scene saw Aiden struggling as he tried his best to maintain its constant movement.

"Close the window!" He exclaimed, frantic for them to hurry.

Despite their surprise, they quickly complied. Each of them took separate sides of the window by different seats with Logan and Y/N on the right and Ashlyn on the left. Y/N stood beside Logan, staring with anticipation as she watched as the two held the window frame and clicked off the safety lock before simultaneously shutting the window down on the phantom's head.

In the midst of that moment, Aiden's grip on the phantom suddenly slipped, "Crap!!" Its claw was thrashed violently around before it was then seen heading in the direction of Y/N and Logan.

"LOGAN! Y/N!"

And then, blood was seen piercing the skin of the unfortunate victim.

"WATCH OUT!"

★Yall! I feel motivated!!! Thank God, I was beginning to think when it would return

Yall! I feel motivated!!! Thank God, I was beginning to think when it would return.

Regardless, I hope you liked this chapter and I'll try to get the next one after this, that's if I had much of my motivation, but I'll try! Also, thank you so much for 11k views😭😭, I really appreciate all the love and support coming at me to keep me going. Thank you❤️