[29]

Backstory (lore dump) time :)

I'm like Techno, one video a year (the last few chapters have taken a few years SOBBING)

^*^

In the Aether, it was common to find that its many civilians had many children, young, untested angels flying through the skies on their fragile wings. Children were often nose deep in books and scrolls from all over the realms, or putting their hands to use uncrossing wires and engineering machines or creating architecture from the ideas in their minds.

Yet, for how many children there were, twins were a rare blessing, or a fatal curse some would say. The legends had it that twins had founded the Aether, but one rebelled against the other, forcing them to the depths of the Nether. There, they remained split, and the Aether prospered and rose from its once chaotic nature of despair and darkness.

That's who Emmanuel likes reading about, the Founders. Not just the twin who was thrown out, oh no no no. Both of them, the full story. The other beast-slayers and knights of old are cool, but the Founders? Legendary.

Emmanuel lays on his stomach, the pages entrancing his mind, oblivious to his brother entering the room with his friend.

Welsley speaks up as they walk in, words fast and light. "Hey Em! Remember Scott? He's stopping by to pick up so-"

"Shhhh." Emmanuel holds up his hand, gaze never leaving the scroll. "...did you know the Founders weren't guys or a girls?"

Scott chuckles softly, grabbing the book Welsley owed him. "I'll leave you to it." Gracing Wels' cheek with a kiss, he dematerializes in a puff of cloud, leaving the twins alone.

"And- Isn't that so cool?" Em finally looks away from the scroll and at Wels. "Right?"

Wels isn't paying attention, a blush on his cheeks and his wings ruffled up with embarrassment. His thoughts secretly race, and when they get to be overwhelming, he makes a little squeak, wings flapping.

Em is deadpan. "Bro."

"..hhjhdhhsassaaasdhddnn." Wels melts to the floor. "Ye- yes. Hi."

"Dude."

"Aaaaaaa."

"Breathe."

"Can't-"

Emmanuel rolls his eyes, jumping off the bed and tackling his brother. "Get your head out of the dirt, Wels." He cackles, wrapping his arm around Wels' throat.

He shrieks, knocked out of his thoughts, scrambling to untangle himself from the entrapment Em put him in, but it's no use. "Em!-"

"Breeeeathe." He lets up slightly, truly wanting to make sure Wels is ok before giving up the ruse.

Nodding and swallowing in silence, Wels tries, lying back against Em. He focus on his lungs, making them inflate and then deflate, in and out, over and over. Em finds himself breathing along with Wels, stroking his hair. It's a delicate blonde, streaked with near-silver tones, and it's always soft, unlike Em's.

He cringes at the thought before mentally shrinking away from it. "Is your gay ass feeling better?"

Wels sighs heavily as he speaks, going limp. "Sure."

"Yay." It's dripping sarcasm, Em sliding away and letting Wels fall back as he climbs back up into his bed.

Wels shrieks again, barely catching himself as he tumbles backwards. "You are so not funny."

"Dickhead."

"That's calling me out."

"You got the boyfriend, not me." Em smirks, going back to his scrolls. "The Founders left a portal to the Nether in the wake of the battle, I'm going to find it today."