[2]

Bdubs twirled his present—a diamond blue headband—in his hand, walking down the Town Hall steps. 'Scar really is a nice guy, making these diamond trees, even if I still think it was a waste of diamonds, plus, he gives me presents!' He jumped off the final step and jogged over to the nether portal, ready to go work on his castle, the feeling of someone watching him making the hairs on his arms stand.

^*^

Scar stood up from his position at his desk, placing a sleeping Jellie on the floor next to him. 'Distract and develop. Such a good plan. Such a good one...' He walked over to the window, casting his gaze over the bustling shopping district, eyes following Bdubs.

Hearing a swish of air, he turned around to find the server's resident ninja and double agent standing from a crouched position. "Hello, Etho. Any more news from their HQ?"

The ninja sighed, taking off his hood and mask. "They're onto me, Grian especially. If you want to rid of mycelium, this isn't the way to do it. It's too..." He paused, looking for the right word. "...soft."

"So you're calling me soft."

"Never!, sir." Etho sat in Scar's chair, placing his feet on the top of the desk and lounging, hands behind his head. "I just think the Agency is missing something. You want that fungus gone? We need to take action. Me spying will only get you so far. As well as that diamond flow." He audibly smirked.

Scar glared at the man occupying his seat, motioning for him to move his buttocks. Etho chuckled and stood, walking out the door. Scar sighed, sitting once again in his seat. 'Etho's right. I need to go bigger.' An evil smile flicked onto his face. 'I know exactly what to do.'

^*^

"Hermit- challengeeeessss!!!!!" Grian flew in on his wings and landed at the meeting site, armed with a brain full of mischievous ideas. Mumbo, right-hand fingers twirling his mustache, left hand messing with a parrot settled on a rock, and Iskall and Stress playing Rock, Paper, Scissors looked up at the small hermit.

"Grian Grian Grian..." Iskall chuckled. "What do you have in store for us today?"

"Quite a few challenge ideas, I dare say!"

Mumbo snorted. "Another Uno Reverse card?" Grian giggled. "Well then, let's get cracking."

Each of the members wrote a challenge out on a piece of paper. Grian hummed thoughtfully before righting his. 'Which one shall I choose... Ah, Replace Larry's dia stache with mycelium." He snickered, placing his paper into Stress' dispenser.

Stress laughed right back at him. "I fink you'll enjoy this'ne, love," she said, patting the dispenser.

"We'll see about that." He smirked and crossed his arms, leaning against one of the boulders that surrounded the site.

"I think yoll like this one, dude." Iskall let out one of his signature laughs as he shoved a challenge into Mumbo's dispenser.

"I feel like I should be worried. Should I be worried?" Mumbo's eyes went wide as he mildly started to panick.

"Hush, love," Stress said calling him. "I don't think it'd be anyting too nasty, right Iskall?" She raised an eyebrow at said hermit.

"N-No, nothing, I promise!" Iskall put up his hands defensively, quietly laughing. "Women," he muttered.

"Bett'r not." Stress walked over to her dispenser and readied her button-pushing hand, the other three cultists doing the same. (Yes, it's a cult. Change my mind-)

Grian smiled as Mumbo counted down from 3 to "...1. Everyone, press your buttons."

Grian slapped the wooden button so hard and with so much confidence that it started to splinter. Snorting, he read the words on the paper Stress had "gifted" him. 'Steal Jellie.' "Steal Jellie... Steal Jellie!? Scar's most precious belonging?!" Grian glanced worriedly at the group around him, voice slowly rising in pitch and volume.

"I mean," Mumbo started, scratching his head, "it's a challenge, so you have to go through with it."

Grian scoffed in disbelief, accidentally lighting his paper on fire, purple flames engulfing it, and any ash, in seconds.

"Well, you burnt it," Stress stated. "Gotta go through with it, love." She smiled a sickly sweet smile, turning to read her own paper. "Replace Larry's diamond mustache with mycelium? Beginners challenge. Alright, I'm off to do that." She readied her elytra and zoomed off, yelling the customary "HErMiT cHalLenGeS!" over her shoulder.

The three men stared at each other silently, Grian in shock, Iskall scared, and Mumbo confused. "Wot just 'appened!?"

Grian looked down at his now-empty hand. "I have to become a cat burglar, that's what."

^*^

"So when do you plan on completing all the Reverse Card charrot challenges I left for you and Iskall?" Grian and Mumbo sat perched atop one of the claw-like things of his octagonal base. They liked to do this, flying up to a high point on either of their bases and just chilling. Currently, the brisk fall breeze left Grian wrapping his wings around Mumbo, the two of them huddling against each other for warmth.

"We plan on doing one tomorrow, actually. And we've been doing some individually as well." Mumbo shivered, snuggling closer to Grian.

The winged hermit noticed this. "We can go back down if it's too cold."

"Can I just... hold it again? Like yesterday?" Mumbo made puppy dogs eyes and a pouty face.

Grian laughed, forming a small ball of purple flame in his hands. "Fiiine." He handed it over to the mustachioed man, the later sighing gratefully as the magical heat soaked into his body.

"Thanks G."

"C'mon, say it." Grian smirked.

"Say what?" was his reply, feigning ignorance. Grian just playfully shoved his best friend in the shoulder.

A few moments afterwards, Mumbo whispered, "I love you, bro."

"Right back at'cha, bro."

^*^

Scar fiddled with the crystal before him, listening to the sounds of villagers working in the sprawling town below him. He sat atop his wizard tower, finally returning there for the first time in forever. (Get it?)

He passed the black crystal in his hands back and forth, starting to regret his decision. He placed the crystal down gently on the table, shrugging off his mayoral coat, hanging it on a hook, and donning his wizard attire; hat and all.

Glancing between the wooden staff in the corner and the small black gem on the desk, Scar sighed, a shaky breath escaping his lungs. "You can do this. It's all for the good of the environment, Scar..." He reached out and grabbed his staff, directing it at the crystal and muttering a spell.

"⊣ꖎ𝙹∴ ᔑリ↸ ʖ∷╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⎓╎∷ᒷ'ᓭ ⎓╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷;

ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᒷᔑᓭᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡ᔑ╎リ ᔑリ↸ ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ╎ℸ ̣ ꖎ╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷;

⍑ᒷꖎ!¡ ╎ リᒷᒷ↸ ᔑリ↸ ⍑ᒷ ᓭ⍑ᔑꖎꖎ ʖ∷╎リ⊣ ╎ℸ ̣;

ᓭ𝙹 ╎ ᒲᔑ|| ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑ|| ᔑℸ ̣ ᒲ|| ℸ ̣ ⍑∷𝙹リᒷ ᔑリ↸ ᓭ╎ℸ ̣."

As he finished the final word, the crystal pulsed with a red glow, seemingly coming to life. He heard a voice say, echoing inside his head, "It's good to be back."

And that's when he knew... things were gonna be a lot different around Hermitcraft.

^*^

Angst to fluff, then back to angst!? Oh my!

A little platonic Grumbo for all the people that don't think it's overrated and overused (I'm one that thinks it IS overused, but it fits SO FRIGGIN PERFECTLY INTO THIS BOOK HHHHHHHH-)

Theories? —>

Maya <3