PART 29 - SHOWTIME

TAYLOR

As soon as my office door is broken down, I watch on in horror as Ella shoots the gun right at my brothers' chest that I can do fuck all to stop. Luckily Jenson has always been fast and manages to dart to the side shoving Harper to the floor for safety but not before taking a hit to his shoulder. My eyes dart to Harper's shocked face as my wolf whines in my head before back to Jenson who's hissing with pain but already scrambling back on his feet looking ready to strike until I feel the gun against my head. I hadn't even seen Ella flee to stand behind me until she grabbed a handful of my hair, her sharp fingernails clawing into my skin where she yanked my head back.

"Taylor. What has she done to you?" Harper whispers with a hand to her mouth, her beautiful blue eyes welling with tears making my wolf rumble in my chest.

"Oh, she's a beauty, Tay. I think I'm going to have to do something about that." Ella says quietly looking Harper over as I growl but it just makes Ella smile.

Jenson bares his teeth angrily and for the first time in the last few weeks we are on the same page. Keeping Harper safe. Keeping her out of whatever the fuck this is.

"Now, now, now. Don't be doing anything foolish, Gamma. Oh, and before you even think about mind linking anyone for help, remember I have people everywhere. How do you know if the wolves you summon here are yours, or actually mine." Ella says in a playful voice as I watch helplessly as my brother pulls my mate back onto her feet, frustrated that I can't fight back or explain why my body is so lifeless. Jenson's eyes flare gold as he looks down at me briefly before his attention switches back to Ella.

"My wolves are loyal to this pack, to this family, to me." Snarls Jenson as he pushes Harper behind him.

A bright red stain is quickly spreading on the white shirt that's under his suit jacket. My guess is the bullet is still lodged in his body, if he doesn't remove it soon the silver will start to poison him.

"Liar, you know what I do, what I'm best at. You've followed my work for many years." Ella smirks before her eyes switch onto Harper. "I'm a recruit, the best there is babe in the Moonless. See I don't go just after warriors and ranked wolves. I go after Omegas and turn them against their alphas, against packs. They're so overlooked, so unappreciated. It's truly laughable how much we're not even deemed a threat. But we're the wolves that are cooking your meals, we go through your personal items when cleaning your rooms. We hear everything. We see everything. We move about unnoticed as no one gives a shit about what an Omegas does, right? Because a category one wolf is just a second-class citizen, here to serve. Here to obey. Well, no more."

"Me and my brothers have never treated an Omega badly." Jenson seethes, as my head spins out once again making it hard for me to focus, whatever drug she's given me is making me want to vomit then pass out.

"Never treated badly?! I was left disformed and barely alive on a fucking beach by your family, then exiled." Ella screams back, finally losing her cool.

"That wasn't because you were an Omega, that was just because Taylors wolf recognised a grade 'A' bitch when he saw one. To be quite honest Ell's I'm starting to think you're not even a goddamn wolf, cause you've got more lives than a stray fucking alley cat." Jenson smirks before his eyes darken dangerously. "I warned you what I'd do to you if you ever came back here. Now get the fuck away from my brother."

Ella growls at the insult before letting go of my hair, resulting in my head falling back a little as she brings the syringe filled with adrenaline over my heart whilst still keeping the gun pointed to my head with her other hand.

With all his bravado, I see my brothers' eyes lock onto mine and burn gold as his jaw tenses up. He's nervous, he's never nervous, it's not his style. I've seen him fight too many times. I know all his tell's. All my anger I was feeling towards Jenson melts away in that one look from him because when it comes to it, when it truly comes down to it, I know he's not going to let this bitch kill me. Even when he'd no doubt benefit from my death. He could just walk away, leave her to do what she wants with me... but It's just not how he's wired. He's made to protect.