Chapter 50

LUBANZI

Chapter 50

𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐖𝐄

I was breastfeeding Sima while on Instagram. People are congratulating me. The comments are a lot. Some are saying that I should do a video with Karabo soon because they miss his adorable bright smile.

"Mommy!" Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.

Karabo ran to me followed by his dad. I put my phone away as I helped Karabo sit on the bed.

"My children's mother." Baleseng kissed my forehead. I missed him.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too. Look at our daughter, she's beautiful like you, cupcake." I smiled.

"I know. Would you love to give her a middle name? I've been waiting for you. Your work always take you away from me." He sat down on the chair next to my bed.

"Simangaliso Moloi is fine. Cupcake, let's not talk about my work. I don't like yours either but I've long accepted what you do. I don't want us to fight about this." He held my hand. One thing about Baleseng is that he's very affectionate and extra sweet.

I can't believe my soulmate was in front of my eyes when I was a kid but I couldn't see that. We met again after a long time three years ago on a plane. He wasn't on duty that day and he was just a passenger. I was traveling alone trying to hide from my fans and I found this guy on my seat. I had hidden my face with a scarf so I politely asked him to move but he said I should show him my face first.

It was so silly but instead of showing him my face I asked him to not ask for a selfie if he recognises me. He agreed and I took off my scarf. He moved from my seat and asked me why a pretty lady like me is hiding her face.

I asked him if he doesn't recognise me and he was very sure he doesn't know me. Instead of being offended I felt relieved because it meant I could just be me. I told him to not worry himself about knowing me. I introduced myself and he also did. He told me that he once had a friend named Ambesiwe who had a twin sister, Afeziwe. There aren't that many twins in the world for that to be a coincidence but I started asking him questions and somehow we both realised that he was talking about me.

He looked so happy that we had met again after so many years. We were both travelling to Botswana and we somehow gave each other numbers. We met at Botswana again for a date and then another until our weekend ended and I had to go back but he stayed.

We started talking a lot on the phone with him travelling a lot but we finally fell in love with each other. It was so simple to fall in love with him because he understood me. He was so sweet and he was real. He knew me before I became DJ Amber and he had always liked me.

We got married after six months of dating and then I found out that I was pregnant then we decided to rent a mansion which is the mansion we live in. We could have rented a house or apartment yeah but as a celebrity my life could never be peaceful so I wanted to show off. I had the money and so did he.

Three years later I'm still in love with my Baleseng and we have two beautiful children. Life couldn't be more perfect than this.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking of how my life is perfect with you in it. We have beautiful kids. What more could we ask for?"

"Immortality. I want to live forever with you."

"That's not possible you know. So you're officially on leave?"

"Yes. I need to be hand on with the baby. By the way,I met your mom."

"And? Do you like her?"

"She's a little terrifying." I laughed. What has Ma done now?

"You'll get used to her. She's a sweetheart."

"I hope so. Maybe I should book her a vacation to Mauritius."

"That would be lovely,B. But not now maybe around February. She still needs to bond with her children and grandchildren. Speaking of which, I'm getting discharged tomorrow morning do come to fetch me."

"I'll come. I'm happy to be back home with you." He kissed my hand.

Sima was done feeding and she was now sleeping.

"Take her." Baleseng took her and walked around with her.

"She's perfect. I can't wait for her to grow up and we can board a plane as family."

"I just can't wait for her to grow up and be pretty. I'll style her hair and buy her clothes from Sompire. The girls clothes there are pretty."

"You just want to make my child an influencer at a young age."

"She's my baby, she doesn't have a choice. I need to create an Instagram account for her but I'll start posting her pictures at least when she's one."

Karabo was starting to fall asleep on top of me. I kissed his forehead and cuddled with him.

𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐀

"Hi." Fez walked inside my room.

"Please don't give me a lecture." She sat on the bed.

"Kaya, I don't want to give you a lecture. Your reaction is very understandable but consider Mom's feelings. She didn't make herself sick."

"I was ten,Afe. I needed my mom the most and I had to beg her to be okay but all she did was just stare at the wall. A part of me resented her because it was like she did it on purpose. Like she was ignoring me."

"I understand you. It was all tough on us but especially you. You were a child. You know,there are other people who lost their parents when they were only ten years old. Some when they were way younger. They all wish they could just meet their deceased parents at least once but you got that chance Kaya. One day Mom won't be here with us. She'll be gone forever and you will miss her. You will talk to her grave and yearn to hear her voice but unfortunately it would be impossible. Embrace her now and tell her how you feel. You have a chance to be a perfect daughter to your mom, others never got that chance and they still blame themselves and wish that they were better children to their parents."

I hugged her while crying. My sister has a way of getting into me and I love her for that. Maybe I was being selfish. I'm no longer that ten years old girl. I'm twenty one and I have a chance of building a relationship with my mom. I should be grateful. It won't be easy but I'm willing to try. I let go of Fez.

"Where is she?"

"I'm here." Mom walked in wiping her tears and I got off the bed and ran to hug her. I cried in her arms. The arms of a mother.