Chapter 55

LUBANZI

Chapter 55

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"It doesn't fit. Banzi I've gained weight." My wedding dress couldn't fit me. Since I wasn't allowed to meet with Banzi before we got married I decided to call him.

"Fez, baby relax. I'll call your designer and ask her to come and fix it. Don't cry." I couldn't help it but cry more.

"Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't get married."

"Come to my room."

"Okay." I hanged up and wiped my tears luckily my make is waterproof.

I sneaked to Banzi's room. We were at a hotel in Cape Town. The venue is five minutes away hence we booked in here.

The moment I opened the door to his room he pulled me to a hug. I hugged him tightly like it's my last time hugging him. I had missed him.

"Come in." He closed the door and locked it. We both sat at the bed.

"You're looking beautiful did I tell you that?" I smiled and shook my head.

"Well I'm telling you now. You Afeziwe Jali-Dalindyebo are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on me. You're my heartbeat and I would be nothing without you."

"Why are you saying the vows right now? What will you say at the altar?"

"That I love you. I'm a man of few words but when it comes to you I become a poet."

"That's really heartwarming. I love you too." I held his hands. We were both looking into each other's eyes.

Someone knocked at the door and Banzi stood up to open.

Some woman in a white doctor's jacket walked in followed by a nurse who was pushing some equipments. I stood up.

"What are this for?" I eyed Banzi.

"Miss Jali, I'm doctor Dlamini. I'm a gynaecologist."

"Nice to meet you but why do I need a gynaecologist?"

"Because I think you're pregnant." Banzi revealed. Pregnant? Me?

"I don't think I'm pregnant."

"You'll never be sure until you undergo a test." Said doctor Dlamini.

"Just do as she says, baby. I wouldn't like it if you miss your own wedding."

I reluctantly agreed. I followed all the process and now I was waiting for the results. I sat down on the bed and took out my phone.

The family WhatsApp group was full of messages and voice notes.

𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐚: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠?

𝐇𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐨: 𝐒𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫.

𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭? 𝐅𝐞𝐳𝐢𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?☹️

After that it was voice notes and them asking each other where's Sere? Maybe she may know where I am.

"The results are ready." The doctor snapped me from my phone. I placed the phone away.