Why any longer?

Kate's pov:

We were on our way to one of Rome's headquarters in Cosa Nostra. Rome drove me while his men, all drove in black jeeps infront and behind him.

Our was the only distinct vehicle between the long line of jeeps.

The scene was honestly so iconic to see on Rome's tab attached to his headboard, it made adrenaline rush through my system.

I was wearing a black dress, that fitted my body like second skin. It had long sleeves on one hand and was sleevless on the other with a scandalous slit.

The dress had Rome ogling me since the moment he saw me, and he didn't even try to hide it.

He was wearing a white button up shirt and a beautifully tailored suit, that highlighted his body and made him look big and sexy.

We were going to meet almost the entire mafia today, I was going to be formally introduced to them as their future Donna.

They were creating a scene about how the mafia's leader wasn't fully ready to establish the position yet and how they should have a chance.

But today would shut them up good, because Rome Moretti formally meeting people? more of a nightmare than a warning.

He caught me staring at him from the mirror and smirked.

"Like what you see?" he teased.

"Unlikely," I said in a bored tone.

He glanced at me, achingly slowly brining his hands towards my thighs and brushing his fingers on them.

I squeezed my legs in anticipation but he just accelerated the clutch. Asshole.

He chuckled seeing my annoyed expression.

I looked out of the window, it was a bright sunny day, the warm breeze fanning my face making my mood a hundred times better.

"Will David be there?" I questioned.

Rome shrugged, "I'm not sure, cara."

"If you want him there, I can make it happen. Just say the word." he said eyeing me.

I looked at him, "I don't, and don't do so much for me, you're going to regret it."

The corners of his lips tipped up, his face illuminating under the sun. Beautiful.

The sight of him alone had me weak, and sitting her with him so close to me? It had awaken a carnal desire in me to just jump his bones.

"If it meant you'd be with me, then I doubt I'd regret it."

"Cheesy as always aren't we?"

He chuckled, the sound alone making my heart pound in my chest.

"If you call being honest that, then why not mia Cara."

I rolled my eyes at the way he intentionally rolled out the nickname emphasizing. But it didn't stop my stomach from dipping.

"Yeah Mr.Romeo?" I retorted back ironically.

His face broke out in a grin, as he watched me from the mirror, "Keep calling me that and we might never reach the headquarters."

"Please, I want to get old on God's green Earth and see it too." I joked.

"How similar of us, good thing you're mine." He grinned at me.

I think this was the most anybody had ever seen him grinning and it made my chest feel fuzzy and stomach all jumpy.