My sun

Kate's pov:

"Were you the kid that used to break everyone's delusion of Santa Claus's existence?" Rome asked, looking intrigued.

I rolled my eyes the hundredth time at him, but couldn't stop the smile that crept up my face.

"No, I never had people around me for me to bust their myths in the first place."

His brows scrunched, a weird look on his face.

"Good for them for not getting their christmas busted by you," he chuckled.

"Shutup grandma. As if you were a saint." I retorted.

He nodded with pride, "Except the time when I organised a fake funeral for Dante because he used to always wake up late."

My eyes widened, curiousity taking over.

"So, he used to always get us late for classes getting up late. So one day when he was passed out we carefully dressed him in a suit. Took him to the church put him inside the coffin and then started speaking loudly for him to wake up. I still remember the haunted look on his face when he thought we could actually not see him since he was a spirit." he continued, chuckling.

"What the fuck, that's so cruel," I said, but broke into laughter simultaneously.

I wonder what a normal childhood would've been like. The luxury of not having to carry around the weight of trauma.

The distant look in my eyes, made Rome turn.

"C'mere" he said, stretching his hands.

I did, my loud heart beating in my chest, I snuggled closer to him, wrapping my hands around his side.

Inhaling his smell, the tension in my body dissipated. I relaxed into his touch, his fingers tracing small hearts on my skin.

"Do you think they'll be back before morning?" I asked, looking up at him.

His stubble defined his face even more, Rome Moretti with his immaculate looks is what I would consider a Greek god. One which oozed sexual charisma.

I didn't know how had I gone from being an invisible, abused, good for nothing little girl to this woman who was in bed with The Rome Moretti.

"Don't worry about them," he said, rubbing my back and kissing me on the head.

"It is so weird," I said, my face taking a far away look, my mind scrambled.

"What is?" he asked, looking down at me.

"That, I- the secret child because she wasn't worth it to be shown to the world. The neglected girl in the time I'd spend at school. The one that had to always have her guard up and be ready to fight back any moment because just existing was enough. Was now here, with you, being touched tenderly and taken care of? It doesn't make sense Rome." I replied, looking at him, feeling my eyes getting glazed over.

He looked at me, like he was looking into my soul. His face didn't have pity, but a stern angry look.

"I'm so very sorry anybody ever made you feel like that. I hate them, I thought we couldn't hate people we didn't know but I do, from this moment." he said, making me chuckle.

He cupped my face in his hands, "I wouldn't want to enter any room you're not in mia cara. I'd give you my heart on a silver platter for you to do anything with it, not only because I trust you. But I trust whatever you would do with it, it would keep my heart beating still. I want to show you off to the world, rub it in everyone's faces that they could never have what we have. Sure this didn't start on the right terms, but nothing wrong has ever felt so right." his sincerity and words made me want to break down and cry.