Chapter 9: Friday Night Fun

It was the day of their project and Emma and Liam kept exchanging glances and sly smiles with each other throughout the school day. When English class came around, the students changed into their costumes beforehand, and it was now Emma and Liam's turn to present. Like they agreed, Liam set up the few amount of props before getting into position.

Emma said her lines just as she had last night before it was time for the kiss. She had to take a brief moment to calm down her rapid heartbeat as she leaned down. She closed her eyes and planted a gentle kiss on his lips resulting in several gasps and whispers from the girls in the classroom that were quickly hushed by the teacher.

Emma saw a small smile on Liam's lips that she knew only she would notice. "Thy lips are warm" she said, continuing the scene. She looked behind her back as if she heard something. "Yea, noise? Then I'll be brief." She turned back to Liam and looked down at the fake dagger. "O happy dagger!"

She grabbed it. "This is thy sheath" she said before 'stabbing' herself with it as in stabbing the thin bag of fake blood she had underneath her costume. "There rust, and let me die" she whispered before letting herself gently fall onto Liam.

When the teacher clapped her hands, the two sat up before getting back onto their feet and bowing. The majority of the classroom clapped for them especially Bryson and Sam who were standing with them and hyping them up.

Liam flashed them a grin while Emma gave a shy smile.

"Well done, well done!" Mrs. Colten beamed before putting her hand up to silence the class. "Now can you explain the significance of this scene?"

Emma parted her lips to speak, but was surprised when Liam spoke up. "Juliet's death from suicide serves as the ultimate tragedy in the play and represents the consequences of their forbidden love" he said before looking at Emma with a small smirk.

Emma looked down with a smile before speaking. "Her suicide can be interpreted as an ultimate sacrifice for love since she chose death over living her life without Romeo. Overall, this scene represents the themes of love and sacrifice."

"I couldn't have said it better myself" Mrs. Colten smiled. "You two have earned yourselves an A."

"Woo, let's go!" Sam shouted from behind his desk, still standing and cheering them on.

"That's enough, Sam" the teacher said before Sam sat back down and said something to Bryson.

Emma and Liam celebrated with a high five before returning to their seats after picking up their props.

Class was over and Emma was in the bathroom changing and shoving the props and her costume into her backpack. She walked out and bumped into--

"Oh, hey!" a familiar energetic voice greeted.

Emma looked up to see Sam grinning at her. "H-hello" she said nervously.

"Great show you put on back there! I really enjoyed it" he said, patting her on the back. "See ya at the party, Emmie!"

"Y-yeah, see you there!" Emma called out to him as he waved and walked away.

Emmie?

She smiled at the nickname. It was cute.

"So, Emmie" Liam's voice said from behind her. When she turned around, it looked like he was glaring at Sam who just rounded a corner. His eyes flickered down to meet her stare. "Ready for the party tonight?"

Emma gave a sheepish grin. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Back at Liam's place, Emma sat on his bed while he changed in his closet. He came out wearing ripped skinny jeans and a fitted black t-shirt.