Chapter 6: the use of magic

Reginald sat in his seat, staring at the black board while his mind was up in the sky, not listening to the teacher at all.

The conversation he had with Aspen at the lunch table still linger in his mind.

A few moments ago when he was being dragged by Aspen to the cafeteria, Aspen suddenly asked.

"You've change recently."

Reginald was a little surprised, although he doesn't really look like it but trust me, he is surprise.

"...really? How so?" Reginald asked back.

"Although I know not to trust rumors too much, you definitely don't seems be troublesome like before." Aspen replied carelessly as he picks up his meal.

"How would you know I've changed then? It's not that long since we've entered the academy, would you be able to tell how I was like in the past with the little time we've seen each other?" Reginald required. It felt like a good opportunity to get more information on this Cannon fodder named Reginald, who's information is close to non-existent in the novel.

"Hey, even if I didn't know much about you since we've haven't know each other for that long, I'm in the same class as you. There's tons rumors on how you're problematic and have a tamper, no, believe I didn't believe it at first! ...if only I didn't see you throw a tantrum a few times then I would also see you in a bad light, okay!" Aspen nodded to himself after he finished explaining as if agreeing with his own statement.

"I'm curious as to what other rumors you're heard about me." Reginald thought the information was too small so he'd like to hear what people know about Reginald to get a general idea.

As if something had poked Aspen's button, a long streams of information began pouring out of Aspen's mouth.

Because I'm too lazy to write his whole dialogue, ahem you didn't hear that. Basically to summarize, there were rumors of Reginald always planning some evil schemes or whenever he's quiet he's probably conducting his scheme right now or whatever sh!t.

He also has a history of doing some evil things, although it's pretty minor, it still won him quite the frame from the noble children.

Though, not in a good way of course.

It's seems like whenever something happens they blame this guy though, that's how I see it.

Oh yeah, the Aspen kidnapping incident, which will happen sometime soon in the near future, will concluded Reginald as being the mastermind. Who are the real masterminds though? Notice the 's'? Yeah it's the twin, Lennox and Liliana.

The reason was that Aspen's older brother, Felix was opposing Lennox's ideas or something, I don't remember but it certainly got on his nerves. The sister, Liliana became aware of her brother's feeling and since she also finds Felix annoying, she came up with a plan to get back at Felix.

Because the older was stronger and harder to fight, they decided to get back at him using the younger one instead, and it worked (and quite easy too, you just have to get hold of his cat and lure him out, don't try this at home). When Aspen was close to being found they started to create traces of evidence which point to Reginald, their scapegoat.

Although, some of the evidences don't make sense but all of them pointed at Reginald plus he had a history so, they didn't blink twice to judge him as guilty.

While Reginald was thinking about this, Aspen picked an empty table and dragged Reginald to sit down with him.

"Seeing you now, I feel like the petty tantrum you threw is an illusion~"