13.The Farewell

Yaksha's POV

This might not be my actual home. But I lived here for whole two months. I had people beside my side who loved me dearly. I almost forgot what situation I am in when I was with them. I barely adjusted to this new environment with their help.

But I have to leave. I have to leave the place I thought was my home for months. I saw bua-sa approaching me slowly with a small wooden box in her hand. I looked at her with questioning eyes with tears continuously dripping down my cheeks. I don't even know why I am crying. I only cried silently without making any noise.I have known them for only two months. I will forget them in a few days. Won't I?

Bua-sa kneeled in front of me and place toe rings on my toe fingers from the box  on both of my feet. She stood up and told me to always keep wearing them and my nuptial chain,vermilion. And to not remove my bridal bangles for the first few days. I just nodded and couldn't say anything more.

Meena was gone to pick up my and her stuff with few other attendees. Since she will be coming with me I was a little less worried.

My eyes fell on Rajeshwari. She was only looking at me with equally emotional eyes. We both looked at each other for a few seconds and before we knew it we both launched each other into a hug. She started crying in my arms while I consoled her back. If anything I am the one who needs consolation.

"Hum bohot yaad karenge tumko Yakshu. Samay mile toh humse milne aa jana." She said hiccuping a bit.
( I will miss you a lot. Whenever you get time visit me.)

"Aapne aap ko dekho Rajeshwari. Tumne toh kaha tha humein bilkul bhi nehi yaad karoge? Jhuthi kahaki." I laughed but sobbed immensely.
(Look at yourself. You said that you won't miss me at all? What a liar.)

I laughed and she cried. It was indeed a sentimental moment. I will miss her the most. She was the one who barged into my room at any time and accompanied me all the time. Said every little detail of Yaksha so I could adjust.

"Tell me one thing, how long does it take to reach there? Do you know?" I asked peeking through my veil a bit.

As I did lift my veil up I looked at where the sultan and my father were standing. I could only see my father as sultan's back was facing. As he started to turn around I put down my veil hurriedly. I can't get caught.

"I have heard it takes about three days."

Three days? Really? Do I have to be in this heavy lehenga thrice my weight for three days or can I change. I really wasn't sure.

I nod gently.

Rajeshwari stood beside me holding my hands tightly. I don't know what it was. Some sort of reassurance that she is her for me? Or was it just wanting to spend some more time with me, as long as she could. I couldn't pinpoint the reason but I didn't leave her hand either.

"I know you will be a good wife and queen. I have seen you grow up. I know you more than anyone else. But despite all of this don't forget to be a woman. Fight for what's right and never give up for your own happiness. My blessings will always be there with you. Take care of you and your family."

Father said barely holding his tears. I could see how much he was struggling. He was patting my head and took my hand and placed it on the Sultan's hand. I could feel his big and rough hands on my skin again. It almost burned where he touched. Silly hormones.

"I have raised her like a baby but also as a warrior. Please don't be too hard on her and don't hurt her. If you ever feel like you don't need her or anything just give her back to me, I won't question anything. But hurt her and I won't care about the peace treaty anymore." He said with an authoritative voice to the sultan.