39. Ratangarh

Yaksha's POV

"Here." Meena forwarded the golden small pot of vermilion standing behind me as I looked in the mirror.

"No. Put it down."

"Why are you not wearing your vermilion?" Meena asked.

"I have a reason not to."

"Taiyaar ho gayi begum?"
(Are you ready begum?)

My husband entered as all the ladies standing started backing away slowly.

"Abhi nehi. Kuch bishesh abhi karna baki hain."
( Still not. There's something special left to do.)

"And what's that?"

"Ekant."
(Privacy)

The attendees all started going out of the dressing chamber following my order.

I took the small pot in my hand walking towards him. I forwarded my hands to him with it on my palm.

"Help me." I pointed at the pot filled with red powder with my eyes.

"Make sure you put a lot and it doesn't come off easily."

He smiled at me tenderly before taking a pinch of the red vermillion between his fingers filling the partition of my head.

I turned around to check in the mirror if he actually put a lot or not. Suddenly I felt someone tugging on my veil so I turned around. My eyes dropped at the sight of his fingers wrapped around my veil looking like a small baby.

"Aap toh chale jayegi par yu jo humara jaan aapne sath le jayegi uska kya?"
(You will leave but what about the fact that you will take my soul with you?)

My brows furrowed as I looked at him dilemma. It's not like I am dying to go. Should I just send a letter saying I can't come because of some urgent matter? That will be too irresponsible of me.

"Toh le jane dijiye humare sath. Aapne bhi toh humara rakh liya hain."
(Then let me take it with me. You also took mine.)

Suddenly his fingers that still had some vermilion left to it bopped my nose leaving a trace of it. I gasped and then glared at him.

"Ye kya kar diya!" I whined.
(What have you done!)

He chuckled.The audacity! I should give him back what he gave me. I took a little of it from my nose brushing against my lips and taking the opportunity I grabbed him by his collar pressing my lips against him. It wasn't a kiss just our lips rubbing against each other's.

The red transferred from my lips to his. I smirked as he looks equally flabbergasted and aroused.

"You little tease. You know we don't have time." He tried to rub off the red stain from his lips.

"We don't. What a shame." I held his wrist stopping him from erasing my territory.

He raised his brows at me.

"Don't erase that. You look good with that. Something that your wife left on you. Well unless you are embarrassed by it then-"

"Me? Embarrassed?" He scoffed. "If anyone will be embarrassed it will be you. Are you sure about everyone seeing this begum?"

"Why would I be embarrassed about making love with my own husband?"

He smiled and shook his head as if in disbelief.

"Hum aapko bohot yaad karenge. Har pal,har shan. Aap aate toh humko bohot achha lagta par hum aapke kartavya ko samajhte hain. Aapna kheyal rakkhiye ga."
(I will miss you a lot. Every second,every moment. I would have loved if you could come but I understand your responsibilities. Please take care of yourself.)