Chapter tweleve- My Little Dove

"Find someone who turns your life upside down and teaches you how to fly"- me
I am experiencing writers block at the moment. Forgive me if this sucks. WARRRRNNNIIIINGGG- COLORFUL LANGUAGE! Please forgive me! Oh and I cried when I wrote this so beware.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dovelyn's pov
I sat in silence, numb, just completely and utterly numb. Staring at my hands I took in everything. I have such a responsibility on my shoulders. I can't do this.
I can't.
Can I?
No.
This is all too much.

An hour earlier
----------------------------------------------
"Well, um, we need to explain something to you.." Jen started. I glared at her.

"Just spit it out already," I hissed, pushing my plate to the side, not touching it. David gave me a warning glare but I returned it with a glare. If looks could kill they'd all be dead.

"Do not use that tone with us not do you glare at us we are your parents! We deserve respect we raised you!" David said his voice slowly rising with each word.

"You are not my parents! I will not respect anyone who lied to me about my parents and said they died in a house fire! You should've told me the truth about them from the beginning!" I yelled, jumping to my feet.

"We did it to protect you!" Jen shouted, fire in her eyes.

"Protect my ass!" I shrieked.

"We tried to keep you from your title! We tried to hide it from you!" David yelled, his face red. Jen gasped as did David.

"What title?" I asked, my voice dangerously low. I forgot Raven was in the room until he touched my arm. I pulled back as if he burned me.

"This isn't going anywhere, I'll explain this," he murmured to my parents. He gently took my arm and my body relaxed involuntarily as waves of electricity flew through my body. I tried to pull out of his grip but he squeezed my arm.

Raven led me upstairs and into my room, ignoring my raised eyebrows. He sat on my bed and gestured for me to do the same. I sat stiffly as far away as I could get from him.

Taking a deep breath he started talking.

"You are the only heir left to the throne of Caladrium. You have to rule there or the place will fall apart. Once you travel to Caladrium you will not come back to this realm," he said slowly.

This brought me to my state.
Numb.
I stared at my hands, speechless.
After a few minutes a rebellious tear slid down my cheek. I wiped it away harshly.

"Get out, I need time," I whispered. Raven left hesitantly, I made sure he was fine before crying myself to sleep...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raven's pov- a week later.

She tried to drown herself.

She tried to fucking kill herself.

I rushed to the hospital in my bird form only think about the girl I loved.
I couldn't loose her.
She was the only thing I cared about.
I couldn't loose her.
It would kill me.
Why would she do this to herself?
Couldn't she see how beautiful and important she was?
Not only to me but for a while kingdom.
My wings faltered as I thought about the weight she must be carrying.
I shouldn't been there for her.
I should've mad more of an effort to talk to her, make her eat, and make her sleep. It had been a week since I delivered the news and she stopped taking care of herself.
Stopped.

No one could talk to her. She hadn't spoken in days and never left her room.
Rage boiled in me.

Fate was one fucked up bitch.
I was gonna have a word with her when I returned Dovelyn to her rightful place.

Finally, the hospital came into view and I landed, not so gracefully, and shifted carelessly. I ran inside like a crazed man, almost yelling at the lady at the front office to get me to my Little Dove. She hurried and led me to a room not far away from the desk. I didn't take heed of all of the curious gazes I gathered do to my sweat pants and weird graphic t-shirt.

Hey it's not my fault I like family guy okay? Plus it was the middle of the night and I just woke up. we stopped in front of a door and I entered the hospital room to find my little angel, sleeping. I rushed over to her, ignoring her parents and pulled her into a gentle embrace. Jen and David left the room and that's when I let the tears spill.

My fragile little dove.
So broken.
So helpless.
My body wracked with silent sobs as I cried for her.
Call me weak.
Call me whipped.
I just couldn't loose her.
She's my candle in the darkest and coldest night.
She's the lyrics to my life.
I held her like she was my lifeline, my oxygen...but in reality she was my everything.

I finally found the strength to pull away form her delicate body and scanned her over. I felt sick when I looked at her arms. Immediately rushing to the connected bathroom I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

I sat by the toilet for a while calming my breathing and tears. I never cried for anyone. Not even when my parents died, I was numb then. This girl was opening many new emotions that I wasn't sure I could handle.

Quickly I flushed the toilet and composed myself, washing out my mouth and drying my eyes. I walked back into Dovelyn's room.

She still managed to look beautiful even though she looked half dead. my heart twisted but I refused to let any tears form. I quietly laid on her hospital bed, careful with the wires attached to her pale body. I took her into my arms, ignoring the rules that I so badly wanted to break many times in the last week.

Her body relaxes into mine, unconsciously.

I loved this little dove.
I loved her with every fragment of my body.
I loved her since I first caught a glimpse of her in class that one fateful day. The way she blushed and let me eat lunch with her that day.
Little did she know it, but I was hers from the start and she was mine.

"I love you," I whispered into her hair before falling into a fitful sleep.