Chapter fifteen- The Roof

HAPPY FOURTH GUYS!
Hey Soul Sister by Train is above!
I changed the nickname that Dovelyn's Dad gave her to Little Bird. Okay? K

NOT EDITED SO FEEL FREE TO POUNT OUT MISTAKES!!!💜
----------------------------------------------
Dovelyn's pov

Finally.
Home.
I walked in taking a deep breath of the cinnamon and vanilla mixture that accompanied the air in my home. I tugged Raven in by his hand and rushed to the kitchen, my parents following behind me.

"YOU MADE CINNAMON ROLLS!" I yelled grabbing one but quickly tossed it between my left and right hand because of the intense heat.

"How are these so hot?" I questioned. My parents laughed and I felt as if there was some kind of joke that only I didn't get.

"We don't have to hide who we are anymore sweetie. We used magic to keep them hot," Jen spoke warmly.

"Oh," I said prolonging the "o".
Man, I felt stupid.

Of course they were magic. Duh. Remind me to face-palm myself later. Suddenly the happy air in the room turned serious.
Crap.

"I think we should talk about what happened Dovelyn," my dad said softly.

I nodded nervously and sat on a barstool. This was almost li the last time I asked my parents questions and ended up wanting to slap them with a glass plate.
This time there would be no yelling and no violent visions. I took a bite of my cinnamon roll, trying to prolong the talk. Finally I started.

"Um, well, uh," I started. Raven placed a warm hand on my shoulder and it immediately relaxed me a little so I continued.

"I heard noise outside of my window and I was curious..so I opened it and a guy tackled me to the ground. I tried to scream but he held a knife to my throat. H-he forced me to look in his eyes and muttered some words that I couldn't make out," my voice quivered as I remembered what happened next,
"I tried to fight but I couldn't, I-it's like I had no control over my body. He took me to the bathroom and ran the water. He forced me in and started c-cutting my wrists, I guess to make it look more like a suicide. He started to drown me but suddenly left. I passed out and I woke up at the hospital," I was nearly hyperventilating as a few tears slipped down my pale cheeks.

Raven embraced me gently murmuring comforting words into my ear, even though I could tell he was enraged. My parents looked as if they were going to rip someone's throat out. I set down my cinnamon roll, no longer hungry and wiped my face, ridding it of any tears. Cautiously picking me up bridal style, Raven took me upstairs to my room and set me on the bed. He sat on the bed and looked at me.

"Go get ready for bed I'll be here when you're done," he murmured, stiffly laying on the left side of my bed. I nodded silently and gathered a grey tank-top with lace and black sweatpants. Stepping into my adjoining bathroom and turned toward the shower, not glancing at the tub next to it, knowing I'd get horrible flashbacks.

I took a quick shower and dressed in my pajamas. I brushed my hair and teeth, and pulled on socks before walking into my bedroom. Raven was asleep on my bed so I let him be and laid on the right side of the bed. Raven pulled me to him so my back was to his chest. I let out an almost silent gasp.

Oh my freakin lord! He's breaking the rules! Code red! Code freaking Red!

I attempted to wiggle out of his grasp but he pulled me impossibly closer and held me tighter. I finally excepted that I wasn't moving anytime soon and relaxed with a huff. Sleep drifted into my senses as darkness swathed my vision.

His face flashed through my mind and he held the knife to my throat. I stopped trying to make any sounds but didn't stop struggling. I glared at him as he forced my head still with his cold hands. He stared into my eyes and muttered a few incoherent words before my mind went blank.

"Let's go to the bathroom now shall we?" He said maliciously.

I woke up with a gasp. Sweat decorated my skin as I struggled for air. Raven's face came into view as he tried to talk to me.

"Dovelyn calm down I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe now," Raven whispered. I nodded slightly wiping my forehead before laying back down hesitantly. Raven pulled me to him again and nuzzled my neck, making me shiver before relaxing , trying to push the nightmare out of my head. Raven slipped into sleep and I yearned for his ability to fall asleep so easily.

I stayed in bed for a while, sleep evading me. I tired to wiggle out of Raven's grasp but was unsuccessful. After minutes of struggling while trying not to wake Raven up I got out of his hold. I froze as he shifted but relaxed as he grabbed a pillow to cuddle with. I nearly laughed as I scrambled to get my phone. This was picture worthy.

His hair was mussed, his arm around a pillow while the other one was bent awkwardly. His mouth was slightly agape and a trail of drool made its way down his chin. I snapped a couple pictures before grabbing my acoustic guitar and climbing skillfully out of my window and onto the roof. Don't ask me how I got up there with a guitar I have mastered that over many years and I only fell off of the roof once. Of course I broke my wrist but I never fell again. I looked at the sky full of stars like I had so many times before and decided in which song I should play. I finally decided on Hey, Soul Sister by Train. After playing the first few chords I took a deep breath before I started singing.

"Hey, hey, hey
Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains
I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I let you go and blow my mind
Your sweet moonbeam, the smell of you in every single dream, I dream
I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind."

I sang quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone but that obviously didn't work because soon Raven climbed into the roof and I immediately stopped singing.

"You have a beautiful voice," he murmured, crawling to sit beside me.

"Thanks," I said shyly, still not used to singing in front of people no matter how many times I was called out.

"Sing something for me," he said softly. I opened my mouth to protest but I knew I couldn't as I looked into Raven's eyes that were filled with longing.
Crap.
What is this boy doing to me?
I sighed and nodded, turning to face him, my legs Indian style. Raven did the same mirroring my pose and looking at me expectantly. I played him one of my favorite songs which was Bright by Echosmith.

"I think the universe is on my side
Heaven and Earth have finally aligned
Days are good and that's they way it should be
You sprinkle star dust on my pillow case
It's like a moon beam brushed across my face
Nights are good and that's the way it should be"

I finished the song, feeling happier than before. I gently set my guitar aside and tucked some bothersome hairs behind my ear.

"Wow" Raven muttered in awe. I nodded indifferently and laid on my back to look at the stars. Raven once again copied my actions. Our shoulders were brushing and I tentatively reached for his hand. His hand firmly grasped mine as we stared at the stars.

Well, I was looking at the stars.
I turned my head to look at Raven and found him already staring at me. A small smile played on my lips as my eyes flickered to his lips before darting to look into his eyes. He grinned and then closed the distance between us.
My eyes fluttered and closed as his lips brushed mine hesitantly but as I moved closer he seemed to make up his mind. He kissed me passionately, one hand cupping my cheek while the other was on the back of my neck. I cupped his face and kissed him with as much fire as he was showing me.

We pulled back after a while, both breathing hard. I smiled and he did the same.

I could get used to this.