Chapter 11

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

"Thank god you're out because if Nylah was in charge any longer... oouu boy" I heavily sighed and Delano let out a deep laugh. I didn't really see him smile much but it looked really good on him.

"She's not that bad she's very independent and takes business very seriously."

"Yeah but you weren't there. She was like oh you take your raggedy ass home Delano doesn't care about you he doesn't want to see you you were the one that got him in this mess she was just going on and on" I rolled my eyes.

Delano was just standing there laughing.

"This isn't funny it's true" I side eyed him.

"The way how you're saying it. Yo she should've been here to hear yo ass" he snickered.

After I met up with her at the station she said she wanted to go back home to her man so she left us two standing outside the station.

"Tuh no next thing you know she draggging me across the ground."

"You know what she said isn't true tho she didn't even come look for me once and you neither" his smile faded

"I wasn't sure" I shrugged my shoulders looking at the ground.

"You were on my mind the whole time. I felt so bad I let my emotions get the best of me and acted on impulse. I'm not saying it was right but he deserved it i don't know how he fumbled you to be honest you seem like a great girl."

I smiled taking in what he just said

The first compliment I've ever gotten from him

"I don't know either" I agreed with him.

"Let's go get something to eat my treat." Delano offered and I cocked my head to the side. There was a slight sparkle in his eyes.

"What?" he smiled

"Nothing" I smiled. "Why don't we go pick up some food and go back to the apartment cause you really need a shower." I scrunched up my nose.

"Oh really I smell that bad?" he asked, smelling his armpit then scrunched his nose.

"See" I laughed

"Ok ok then let's go" he put his arm around my neck drawing me closer but I pushed him off me.

"Ewww get your smelly arm off me" I mugged him as we head to my car.

———————-

When we got back to Delano's place he took a shower and now we were seated on the couch eating the food we got on our way here.

"So what happened while I was gone?"  Delano asked, taking a bite out of his Chipotle bowl.

"Nothing much to be honest but Nae graduated today" I spoke.

"That's nice she going college?"

"Yeah UCLA"

"I wish AJ would've considered college like her"

"Oh really why he not going college?" I gave him a concerned look.

"Not sure exactly what his plan is to be honest. When he came here he barely mentioned anything about school."

"Did he tell you exactly why he came here" I asked taking a bite of my Chipotle burrito

"Mann" Delano smacked his lips. "Things ain't exactly good back home and I don't blame him for running away cause when I was sixteen I packed up my bags and left."