Chapter 12

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

" I just don't understand her and I'm sure Ive given her enough privacy" I shook my head.

"Have you ever thought why she brought that up in the first place? Maybe it could apart of something that she's keeping to herself" my therapist asked me.

"I don't know" I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly there's a lot of stuff I don't know about her even before our mom died."

"Well have you considered getting to know her? Maybe because you two aren't close that's why she's uncomfortable to tell you things especially about a guy she likes."

"Perhaps it might be related to the death of your mom" she suggested

"Oops looks like our time is up" she checked her watch

"I'll take your words into consideration Ms Chapman it was nice seeing you today" I got up from the chair.

"Same as well. Take good care of yourself" she smiled as I gather my things then walked out the room.

On my way out the building, I patted my pockets for my phone but I noticed I didn't have it. I must've left it in the room.

As I turned around I suddenly felt a gush of air and my bag slipped out of my hand then fell to the floor.

"Oh my god" I mumbled picking up my belongings that had been thrown out the bag.

"Are you alright?" A tall shadow appeared above me.

"The least you could do is say sorry" I looked up at the light skin man who had a concerned look on his face.

"Oh I wasn't the one that hit you" he chuckled

I furrow my eyebrows

"The guy left the building a few seconds ago I just came to see if you were alright"

"Yeah I'm good" I stood up once everything was back in my bag.

"Nice to know" he nodded shoving his hands in his sweatpants pockets.

I was about to walk off when he said something

"So you do sessions here too as well or..."

"Yeah" I answered

"You don't seem like the type to be doing drugs"

"This is a rehabilitation centre not all people are addicts" I corrected him.

"My bad" he put his hands up in the air. "So what are you here for then?"

"I really can't stay here and chat the whole day" I told him. It was already 3pm and I had to meet up with Delano and Nylah.

"Ok could I get your name then" he asked

"I have to go"

I walked off heading back into the session room to get my phone then proceeded to exit the building.

____________

"Your late" Nylah said once I walked into my apartment.

"How did you you guys get into my apartment?" I gave them a confused look. They were both seated on the couch.

"Renae let us in" Delano spoke.

"Oh ok then" I raised both eyebrows sighing. She could've at least lemme know that I had guests over.

"I thought you we were meeting at your place?" I furrowed my eyebrows at Delano.

"Tried calling your phone but you weren't answering" he said

Yep saw those missed calls.

"Sorry wanted to get here as soon as possible. I had something I had to do earlier."

"It's fine let's just make this quick yeah" Nylah gave me a tight lipped smile.

She has one more strike before I kick her out my apartment.

"I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm taking actions in reopening Genesis.  It's been a tough couple weeks and I can't lie with it being shut down I'm facing a lot of backlash on social media and we lost half our employees. So, I'm going need all the help I can get including you Trinity" he eyed me with a smile.

"Does that mean I got the job?" I crossed my fingers.

"Yes Trinity"

"Tuh" Nylah scoffed rolling her eyes.

"When do I start?" my mo

"Just hollon" he put up a hand.

"I wanna incorporate some new things as well but for now we have to work on hiring new people. I'm hoping the club will be open in the next week or so."

" I'm down" Nae appeared around the corner.

"To do what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hire me" she shrugged her shoulders at Delano.

"Wow!" Delano eyes widened

"Hell no are you fucking crazy!?" I looked at her weird.

"Well well what a surprise" Nylah smiled somehow being entertained by all this.

"Why not? You can't decide that for me" Nae mugged me folding her arms across her chest.

"Nae if you're doing this just to spite me– we can talk about this"

"There's nothing to talk about it's my body my choice and I'm eighteen meaning you no longer get to control me" she spit at me.

"Do you want me to give you guys some spa–"

I put a hand up to shut Nylah up.

"Why would you wanna showcase your body like that. You know if mom was here she wouldn't approve of it."

"Well guess what she ain't here and you're not her so save yourself all this talk cause my mind already made up." Nae spoke.

"Look Nae I don't know what gotten into you lately but you– if this is about money I got it under control.

"Tuh got what under control" she chuckled. " You can barely afford to pay for this apartment much less afford your car note."

"Ouuu shit" Nylah grimaced

"That's low even for you Nae" I shook my head shoving her hard before I rushed out my apartment.

______________________

𝐀𝐧 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲