Chapter 15

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘

"I already rented out a space and I was thinking the theme would be black, gold, and white. What you think Trinity?" Delano spoke.

"Trinity!"

"I'm sorry what?" I looked up from my phone.

"You've been distracted from the time we met up til now and who are you texting every minute?"

"My best friend left for college couple days ago and we been talking"

"And as my new assistant I need you to help me choose things for the grand opening party of Genesis not texting your best friend."

"Right" I shut my phone off and slid it into my back pocket.

"And my sister will also be attending"

"Oh so that's why you been bossy today" I nodded my head.

"Yeah my twin been on my ass about the club shutting down then I told her it's opening back up and decided she'd pay me a visit."

"But that's good" I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Not necessarily because my sister is a perfectionist and this is a second chance to prove I got what it takes to running a club. Right now she sees me as unfit and irresponsible because of the recent closure."

"Did you tell her what led to the closure?"

"Are you crazy that's even worse. Right then and there she'd start running the club." Delano smacked his lips shaking his head.

"Unless she owns the club which she doesn't"

"Yeah she does. Both our name is on the contract and she has been funding money for it as well."

"Oh I never knew that" I mumbled

"Yeah my twin owns a lot of businesses by the age of 22. She was one of the lucky ones that got rich off crypto currency and to be honest I didn't even knew that was legit."

"Oh wow" I raised an eyebrow.

Me either

"Ok so what kind of theme are you planning on doing?"

"Black, gold, and white" he told me.

"Oou I could make an invitation poster. Promote it on social media?" I suggested

"Yeah that would be great" Delano smiled

"Do you have like an inspiration you'd like me to follow or leave it up in the air." I asked

"Actually I'd hope to leave the planning to you while I continue to work on the legal stuff."

Oh wow I never planned a party before much less for a club.

"Just don't go overboard" he held up a hand.

"You won't be disappointed boss" I smiled

_______

"Come back to bed you've been in here for the past couple hours. It's almost midnight."

I looked up from the computer screen at Ayo. He was kind enough to let me use his office to work on the planning.

"Yeah I'm coming I just have this really important thing I'm doing"

He walked over to the office desk and looked at the screen.

"Ballon's off Amazon?" he raised an eyebrow.

"It's for work" I told him

"For what company?"

"You know club Genesis"

"The one that got shut down because of the fight I was involved in and almost died ." he scoffed

"Yep it's opening back up"

"Wait" he chuckled. "You're working for him? He's the one that owns the club?"

"He has a name" I looked up at him.

"Dropping charges wasn't enough for you so you had to go and work for him?"

"It's not like that" I shut the laptop

"I thought we agreed that we're starting over for a better future"

"So what does he have to do with any of this. I told you I haven't made up my mind yet. "We're just friends and he helped me out in a time of need" I scrunched my eyebrows.

"I don't want you hanging with him no more" Ayo said

"What? He's my boss" I gave him a crazy look.

"So? You think guys are just friends with girls?"

"He's not a problem" I answered

"You two hookup?"

"Oh so you can have sex with Lydia anytime you want but when I'm hanging with another nigga it's a problem?"

"That was before Lydia is no longer a problem now"

"Right" I mugged him folding my arms across my chest.

"I want you to quit"

"I'm sorry what?" I mugged him

"I don't want you working for him"

I haven't even gotten my first paycheck yet

"If you're serious about me you'll quit."

"Well I guess then I'm keeping the job" I got up from the chair about to exit the office when he grabbed my arm.

"I wasn't done talking to you."

"Well I am" I mugged him.

"No you're not" he spitted out.

"Listen just cause you and I having sex again don't mean you can control me. We not together" I reminded him.

"You in my shirt sleeping over in my apartment right now and using my shit"

I took off his shirt and shoved it at him leaving me fully naked in front of him. He licked his lips while his eyes grazed over my body.

"And I'll be leaving now" I spinned around to exit the door but then felt a hand grip the back of my neck and the next thing I know my face was buried into the wall.

"Nah you not going nowhere" he slapped my ass then played with it a little.

"You notice how you not fighting me off. I ain't controlling you Trin" he chuckled then I felt his thing on my ass.

𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐎

I exited the elevator walking down the hallway towards my apartment

"So mom called me couple days and told me the AJ ran away from home and these thugs coming to her house asking about him."

"Wait what? " I scrunched my eyebrows.

So that's why I received so many missed calls from her.

"Yeah Genie this shit serious this time. He didn't tell you why he came to Cali."

"Not really and I never thought much about it. He and mom were on bad terms that's the version he gave me."

"That's not what she explained to me"

"Shit!"

I noticed the lock on my door was broken and the door was left open.

"Kya I'm gonna have to call you back have a safe flight." I then hanged up the phone.

______________________________

Next Chapter on Friday the 24th