12. Gained Toru's trust

Tonuk's perspective:

He woke up groggy, as he didn't get to sleep a lot, having stayed up thinking about all that happened the day before.

He was left wondering how such a small thing was able to be so strong, along with the possible danger it could bring.

He remembered the fact that Toru was also able to pronounce the word for weight, which no Turo had been able to do, ever.

He put his arm over his eyes, trying to rest for a while.

He eventually had to get up, going to the kitchen and preparing something to eat for himself and Ri.

He turned on the induction stove and cooked some meat, knowing that the smell would bring Ri out of bed.

And so, Ri joined him at the table, climbing up on one of Tonuks massive chairs that were meant for the almost 8 meter tall creature, patiently waiting and starting a conversation.

"So, what do you need help with for today?", Ri asked, still sleepy.

"Well, for now I think we should figure out what to do with Toru, or at least on how agressive it is", he answered, serving the food and eating

"Actually, like, where did Toru even come from? Because theres no way some centuries old misfired ship just so happened to bring back life, so maybe it just got on as the cops came to investigate, but, how do you even evolve this thing out of a Turo?", Ri wondered.

"No idea, it probably isn't new life, since its so similar to the how life works here, y'know, like whats the probability it has to also use the same vitamins and minerals we do?
But even if Toru was some other life form, most of the ship got destroyed so there's very little chance to see where it even came from.

The main thing we should focus on though is just getting Toru healthy, so let's just get the enriched food, alright?", Tonuk said while finishing his breakfast.

Ri agreed, hurriedly finishing his food and preparing to go to the rescue's building as Tonuk followed behind.

Ri prepared food for the Turo's as Tonuk prepared Toru's food, some meat filled with a ton of carbohidrates (calories), to get Toru back to a healthy weight, besides, some sweetened vitamin pudding as dessert, to which he added some capsules with minerals to it.

He grabbed some water, putting it in a ridiculously small vase as he waited for Ri to finish feeding the Turo's.

He checked the camera he installed before to confirm Toru was still asleep, or at least not moving, before going in to leave the food and water inside quickly, leaving soon as to not wake up the poor little thing.

Ri was gone as Tonuk went back out of the room, he later came back, holding one of the Turo's blankets.

"So, what if we used this..."-Ri held up the towel higher-"...to check how Toru reacts to the other Turo's"

Tonuk though about it for a moment before agreeing, they both suddenly heard as Toru started moving.

They both looked through the camera as Toru was waking up, then eating.

After it finished, Ri entered alone, as Toru seemed to trust him more, he was moving awkwardly, trying to move slowly to not startle Toru.

It didn't seem to mind the new scent though, even after a while, which was pretty good news, since it was a step closer to getting it some new friends!

Toru started yapping after a while, but this was usually pretty normal for the species, until it said the word "Weight" again.

This got Tonuk's attention, who came in to Toru demanding the weights again, which he promptly brought.

As he was coming back, Ri asked through the wrist caller to bring some more meat, since Toru wasn't eating the vitamin pudding, which was weird, that thing was usually the first thing gone with other Turos.

And so, Tonuk got the idea to see if Toru could learn some more words, crouching down so Toru was calmer and teaching him the word for cage, weight, his own name and Ri's.

Tonuk was surprised that not only was Toru able to even say those words, though it sounded kind of like a growl/purr of some kind, but it managed to do it very quickly.

Ri wasn't really able to know that though, since the translation chip they had wasn't working well translating Toru's words, though they did both get happy once Tonuk explained what happened.

Directly after that, Toru tried copying what Tonuk was doing, making random noises while touching the crate.

It was super adorable, but a bit dissapointing, since it meant that Toru was really just mimicking Tonuk and probably didn't really understand words.

Still, they were pretty happy, talking about making a new archive to share all of Toru's weird abilities.

Ri looked over to see one of the best things they could have hoped for, which was that Toru was eating while they were in the room!

They both got very happy, as this meant that Turo trusted them quite a lot!

They quickly got out to let Toru eat in peace, happily chittering to themselves.

Ri started asking, "Alright, alright, since Toru is super calm for some reason, lets just move forward a bit and test with the mirror how it reacts to others of its species you know?"

Tonuk agreed, quickly grabbing the mirror from his washing room and carrying it back to Toru's room.