16. Checking up on Toru

Tonuk's perspective:

He was working peacefully, giving out a bit of heat to Toru, since it was starting to show signs of being cold.

Eventually he saw as Toru started waking up, to which Tonuk looked down, smiling at it.

He didn't expect Toru to start trying to escape, eventually falling off the couch, freaking out at being grabbed.

Tonuk was confused as Ri heard what was going on and went to get a blanket to immobilize Toru.

This worked and so Ri put it back in its room, letting it rest.

Tonuk sat back on the couch, grumbling to himself, "So much for having Toru trust me, guess it didn't know it was on me"

Ri walked back from Toru's room and responded "Look, it's fine, it probably just got surprised from seeing you looking down at it", he sat next to Tonuk, huddling next to him, "Its fine, I'mhonestly surprised its trusting us so quickly already considering its the first time its species has seen us"

Tonuk agreed, getting back to work, finishing up with writing what they did know about Toru.

They both simply sat on the couch together, eventually falling asleep together.

.

Tonuk woke up with a blanket on top of him, seeing that Ri was away, he heard him cooking in the kitchen.

Tonuk stretched out, walking to the kitchen while still sleepy, though the smell of what Ri was cooking was quick to wake him up.

Ri greeted him as he walked in, standing up on a stool to reach Tonuk's stove properly.

Tonuk chuckled at the sight, teasing him lightly about it.

Ri teased him back by recalling when Tonuk had to go to his planet and had to crouch everywhere, looking ridiculous.

They chatted a bit, the only important part about it was that Ri ordered some stuff for Toru, mostly just a comb, for its weirdly long and tangled hair and a couple toys, which had already arrived and that he put in its room.

They ate the food and Tonuk started working, mostly just helping Tegnuk and Tanor clean up and then write down more stuff for advertising the shelter.

He didn't have much else to do for a while until Toru finally woke up again, so he decided to watch what it did while alone, maybe could be useful for the report/article for Gint.

He watched it for a while until it grabbed the weights that he just now noticed were still in its room for some reason.

He saw it start to make the same movements someone would do to test your strength at the doctor, which made it weird that it was doing them.

He didn't really know what to think of it, so he noted the weird behavior down for later, then going for a ball box since maybe it was bored.

He walked into Toru's room, making sure to not startle it by announcing his arrival.

He walked in and was hit in the face by a wave of heat, he endured it though, thankfully the cool air was coming in, so he set the box down in front of Toru

He saw as Toru immediatly started admiring all the colors, to which he then remembered that he had to somehow test Toru's color range for its vision.

But for now he decided to put Toru inside the box while planning on what to do next.

This was forgotten as he felt a bunch of small balls hit him in the face.

He saw as Toru was throwing balls at him while making a weird repetitive high pitch noise.