27. Increasingly bored

Sean's perspective:

He sat down on the chair after a while of hearing the three aliens chat for a while, a bit thankful that Ri didn't speak a lot, because of its way too squeaky voice, which had finally became annoying.

He leaned against the back of the chair, contemplating what his future would look like once again, then starting to cry, though he was able to stop shortly after realizing.

He didn't know why he didn't want to be seen crying, since the aliens barely even paid him attention as is, but still, it was uncomfortable.

He noticed that the aliens talked a bit different now, more calm and slower it seemed, though it was still hard to even hear most of what was said.

Eventually the aliens stopped chatting and the twin left, leaving only Tonuk and Ri to continue talking for a moment until Ri also left.

He was bored quite a bit now, though it's not like he had anything else to do other than sit there in silence, since someone, he didn't know who, had removed most of the toys in his room, not that he was very excited about using them either though.

He contemplated continuing to learn Tonuk's language, even if he knew it wouldn't help him get back to a more normal life, since at least it was something to do.

He didn't have much time to think about this, since eventually Tonuk carried him without any warning, which startled him a lot.

He managed to squirm off of Tonuk's grasp and slowly dropped to the floor, right in front of his room, so he walked in.

There, he saw Ri with a bunch of different toys, one that looked like those fishing rods with a toy at the end for cats to chase, along with what looked to be different attachments, as well as a lot of different rubber looking toys of different shapes scattered along the floor.

He was a bit annoyed at this, though the idea of chucking these at the aliens seemed pretty fun, though this thought was quickly shut down as he remembered he should be mad about this.

He wanted to walk out, but Tonuk was blocking the door by simply leaning on it, where he noticed that since he had met it, it had grown quite a lot, along with its fur looking more coarse.

This was a bit annoying, since it meant that, along with its huge tail, it now blocked the entire doorway easily.

He looked back to Ri, who was now making chirping noises at him, at a noticeably lower pitch than its usual voice, seemingly to invite him to come.

He frowned and sat in a corner with his knees to his chest, where he stayed there staring at the alien, noticing that it went through a similar change as Tonuk and had grown larger.

This left him confused, since he started thinking that maybe they weren't that old, and he didn't like the idea that maybe he was taken care of by teens.

Ri continued trying to get him to move by using the rod, periodically changing the toy for another one and trying again.

He was still annoyed at this until he was surprised by Tonuk bursting into the room with what looked to be one of those fake trees that the monkeys had for their beds.

This one was a bit different though, as it was taller, had denser leaves, more sticks hanging out of it, along with what looked to be cordage coiled around it.

He looked at Tonuk a bit confused as it put down the tree in the center of the room and pulled out different parts out of the tree, which worked as the base.

He gestured his confusion at Tonuk with his hand before remembering it was useless, though it somehow seemed to understand, as it demonstrated that the tree was for climbing by pretending to climb.