C35

"He came to this school with a fake story."

"He isn't a gemini wizard or a wizard, he's supernatural but not the kind we're used to."

"He lied about everything including his name. I did a background check on him but nothing came up, I had Mr. Snickle run a supernatural check for Caleb Sinclair and there is a Caleb Sinclair, a gemini wizard but he died along with his twin sister, Claire Sinclair in 1984."

"An actor playing a role. Stay away from him. Don't do anything stupid like confront him. I have reasons to believe he's dangerous."

"He isn't Caleb Sinclair. He isn't Caleb Sinclair."

I can't get Dean's words out of my head. If Caleb isn't who he says he is, the who the fuck is he? Honestly I'm so sick and tired of people that I befriend not turning out to be who they say they are. It's a good thing my friendship with him haven't gone far. But he's close with Nate, in fact he moved in to his room, taking Roman's place.

So what was the bullshit he sprang on about his dad getting stung by that bee and his mom having to cure him with the seven sacred herbs. It was obviously a lie but how big of a liar is he? Because I could hear the pain in his voice and he doesn't seem like someone that's hiding something. I guess I haven't been looking hard and that's what I plan on doing. The headmaster can forget about me not getting involved because he knows me, he shouldn't have told me if he didn't want me involved.

Next mystery to solve is find out who the real Caleb Sinclair? And the connection he has with the man claiming to him because he died a long time ago and I don't think someone can just pick out that particular name. He did his research and I intend to do mine. I'll start tonight after my shift at the cafeteria.

I open my room and see Alicia and Jessica on her bed playing cards. "Oh, hey guys," I say casually and drop my bag on the floor.

"Cami! You're back!" Jessica squeals as they both jump out of bed and rush towards me.

I blush at the display of affection. "Thank you guys but I wasn't gone long," I remind them before hugging them back.

Alicia is the first to pull away. "Are you kidding? You are gone for twenty six hours. The school has been boring without you," she tells me.

Jessica moves to my side, draping her arm around my shoulder. "And you are now everyone's favorite topic, people haven't stopped talking about what happened on the field."

I wasn't expecting her to remind me of that but I need to hear it. And after what Damian told me, I think I need a constant reminder of why I should never remove the bracelet. I'm still trying to come to terms with what he told, assuming he is telling the truth. I don't trust Damian anymore and he asked not to tell his father, which can mean two things: he doesn't trust his dad or one of them knows things they don't want to know. Either way I plan on solving all this myself since they've both proven to be untrustworthy.

"People should get over it, you lost control, so what?" Alicia rolls her eyes like it's not a big deal. I can't tell if she's trying to stay on my side by acting like my behavior at the field didn't bother her even though she wasn't present, I know people didn't exactly paint a good picture. It's that or she actually means it. Alicia can be hard to figure out sometimes and most of the time I don't know how to act around her because I'm not sure what will come out of her mouth next.

"So what?" Jessica's voice makes me tense as she removes her arm from my neck and face Alicia like she's ready to fight her. I know Jessica and in all the time I've known she hasn't done anything like this. Spoken to me in such a cold and withdrawn manner.