C42

I got sandwiches, burgers, diet coke, orange juice, small pizza box, doughnuts, some milky popcorn and salted crackers to go.

The accountant will be getting in touch with me sooner or later. Food is part of the tuition fee and there's no limit to it, we eat as we want but I've been overdoing it. I missed breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I end up taking more than I can finish. And I have a feeling that the research might take us some time.

Dropping the boxes on the nearest table, I stretch my arm out and pull the strap of the big totes bag I'm carrying and pack the junk food inside. I come prepared.

I smile and adjust the bag, looking forward, my eyes meet the woman in charge of serving this morning. She's leaning against the counter with her arms folded across her chest. The look on her face says she's curious and also annoyed. I wait for what she has to say because she always has something to say.

When she doesn't say anything, I turn my heel and walk away but I hear her shout, "better not be taking those to class or your room," behind me.

I thought she was going to disappoint by not saying anything.

I wait outside for Alyssa because we said we'd meet in cafeteria and she's late. My phone vibrates in my back pocket, I dip my hand inside to bring it out. I frown when I see a message notification from an unknown number. I unlock my phone and click on the message.

Unknown: The bus is leaving.

The bus? What bus?

I remove my other hand from where it's clutching the straps of my bag and lean against the wall to get comfortable as I type out a response to the number.

Me: Who the fuck is this?

The three little dot appears immediately like the person hasn't exit our chat. The reply comes instantly.

Unknown: you can't even be nice in your messages.

Unknown: it's Damian

Unknown: I just want to remind you that I'm in the boiler room waiting for you and your friend.

This makes me frown and I respond.

Me: where the fuck did you get my number? When did you get a phone? Why do you have a phone?

I don't mean to sound like a bitch but he doesn't need it or he doesn't act like he needs it. He already knows everything he needs to know about everything that's important, so he clearly doesn't need the internet. He doesn't communicate with people, so he doesn't need to call or message anyone. He also knows we can communicate telepathically.

"Hey," the sound of the breathless voice of Alicia makes me raise my head from glaring at my screen. She looks like she ran her with the way she's sucking in air.

"You're ten minutes late," I tell her and lean away from the wall, "come on, Damian's waiting."

We walk away from the cafeteria and head for the boiler room when Alicia asks, "you weren't at breakfast this morning. Where were you?"

I want to give her a reply that goes along the lines of 'its none of your fucking business what I do with all my time,' but I don't because it would be rude to, and she doesn't deserve it.

"I was busy with something," I respond with less hostility.

It's truth I was busy with something or rather someone. The guidance counselor paid me a surprise visit this morning. She woke me up actually, I made a mental note to start locking my room now. Who wakes people up for therapy session? Miranda Mulligan does. Apparently she thought getting to me first thing in the morning would make me talk. We had a not so nice conversation about boundaries. She seemed awfully interested in what was going on in my head and I didn't like it. It made her look guilty of something.