CHAPTER 24

Mikaella

"Do you have a good sleep?"

I hummed in response when I felt his arms on my waist.

I don't know where we are.

We took an hour's ride from the hotel after he instructed my mom's people to go back. Then, he secretly told me that he'd take me to a place where nobody knew him or us. I didn't expect that the 'place' he was talking about was a 12-hour plane ride outside the country.

The moment we arrived, everything was quite organized. He rented a small hut for us. Surrounded by a lake and a beautiful garden. It's quite a magical place for someone who grew up in a city like me - or us.

Everything is very surreal. It feels like we are in a----

"Is this your wife?"

I was about to answer the lady when Jeonghan spoke behind me.

"Yes. She is." I suddenly felt his hand on mine. "We have been married for almost 3 years now but due to the nature of my work, we failed to spend our honeymoon after our wedding."

My eyes darted to him in surprise, confusion and shock. All at once. He sounded so sure and confident with his answer. Not even caring if these people find out the truth.

"I see. No wonder, your wife looks so happy. You made her dreams come true." I heard one of them reply. "Aren't you, dear?"

I looked at them. Thinking about how or what should I tell them. "Yeah, I am." In the end, I told them the truth. I am very happy. Way beyond that word.

"Well, I guess, we should leave. We will see you after a week." They said. "All of your supplies are in place and if you need something. You can always call us."

After bidding goodbyes, I immediately excused myself from Jeonghan and went into our room. "Our" as there's only one room available in this hut. I was not surprised when I saw some rose petals scattered everywhere. 

Of course, we are on a honeymoon. That's what the owners knew all along.

I just took a picture thinking it needs to be thrown as we need a clean bed to sleep on for the next few days. After that, I lay in bed smiling. Holding my chest where I could feel how my heart beat in joy.

We are on our honeymoon.

This is a dream. My dream.

Jeonghan and I are on a honeymoon!

"Are you okay?"

I could feel Jeonghan's concerned stares. His eyes are very beautiful. It's drowning--

"El? Are you alright?" This time he held both my arms.

And this time, I came back to my senses.

"I am." I held my breath faking a smile.

Did he just catch me daydreaming?

Oh gosh, that was embarrassing! I surely looked like a fool!

"The owners prepared some welcome food for us before they departed." He uttered. I am praying for him to forget what I did.

I forced myself to smile. Maybe like an awkward smile. "They did?" 

He nodded. "It's quite a lot of food though. Let's go eat before it gets cold.

'Lot' was an understatement. I was so shocked to see how much food they prepared for just two people. I wonder if they knew how hungry we are.