e l e v e n.

⊱ ────── didn't think you
could change this fast.⋅ ✯ ⋅.────── ⊰

📍new york city

she was quiet the whole day. she kept thinking back to the pictures she saw of Jobe and the girl on Ella's phone.

it shouldn't hurt so bad , seeing that she and Jobe never date in the first place — but it did. she stood up and walked to her closet. it was getting a little chilly out so she just wanted a hoodie.

she first thing that caught her attention in her closet , was the hoodie Jobe gave her. she huffed and took out a lavender coloured hoodie that she bought a couple months ago.

she threw it over her head , and then took off the bracelet that Jobe gifted her. she had gtown used to it , but if it wasn't important to him , why should it be important to her?

there was a knock on the door. "come in" she mumbled as she threw her curls up in a bun. "your mom's making food , come down" Elizabeth spoke.

Azaire sighed and slipped her feet into her slippers before lazily walking behind Elizabeth. various voices were heard downstairs.

"there she is" Cherelyn spoke as she dished up for the others. Blaine and his friends were there , Ella and Elizabeth and so was Azalea and Cairo.

Kyle instantly smiled upon seeing her and Azaire mentally rolled her eyes. it's like he doesn't get the point of her not liking him.

"you can sit here" he spoke , pointing his finger to the seat next to him. Azaire opened her mouth to object but then her eyes caught the looks her best friends gave her.

she sighed and let out a forced smile before walking over to the seat next to Kyle. she sat down , rather awkwardly as she waited on her food.

"did you guys hear The Nun is out?" Elizabeth asked. "we should go watch it" Azzy suggested. she loved horror movies.

Blaine went pale. "hell no" he muttered under his breath. "what? you scary?" Azalea asked, snickering and he rolled his eyes.

"fuck off" he muttered under his breath. soon enough , Azaire got her food and everyone around the table started making conversation.

she was still drowned in her thoughts — obviously thinking about Jobe , and the girl aswell.

Azaire felt someone nudge her shoulder. she turned her head to see Kyle. he leaned in closer to her. "want to go on a date?" he asked her and she raised a brow.

"a date?" she asked and he nodded his head. "i could take you around the city and we could go and have lunch" he suggested.

Azaire opened her mouth but nothing came out. "no , Kyle. it's just—"

her eyes caught her friends' once again and Ella waved her phone around , as if to remind her about the photos of Jobe and his new girlfriend.

the thought of the two of them seemed to want to send Azaire into a raging spiral. so she took a breath and turned to Kyle once again.

"fine. one date" she said and he smiled widely. "great" he spoke and she nodded her head, turning her head back to her dinner.