CHAPTER 1 (HAZEL)

Hey guys!!!  Here's the very first chapter of the book and I'm so excited (a little nervous too).

I forgot to mention in the introduction that the story will move forward in both Adrian's and Hazle's  POV.
HAPPY READING GUYS🫶

(Hazel's outfit)

"Hazel, where are you lost?" Stella asked snapping her fingers in front of me. Huh? I zoned out again? I looked at the girl sitting in front of me, she's frowning with concern. Stella and I met five years ago when we were in first year of graduation. And we became bestfriends real quick. I never had many friends because of my father who disrespects everyone who talks to me because he's always drunk ( well most of the time).

"Huh, I'm sorry what were you saying again?" I said looking at her thinking may be she would let it go for once, but who am I kidding? She knows me like back of my hand. "Hey, what are you thinking? Is everything okay?" Stella asked me again and this time she has a serious look on her face.

"Will you stop asking if say nothing?" I mumbled while gathering my things.

"Nope" she said with a straight face (as expected) to which I sigh and said "Okay, I will tell you but first  let's go to cafeteria grab something to eat before I die due to starvation." I said to lighten the mood. She agreed not before giving me a ' you better tell me everything' look.

After getting our orders we find ourselves a place to sit she said "So, Tell me what's bothering you. You didn't even concentrated on any of the lectures today.." I take a deep and tired sigh after taking a sip of my coffee and said " It's just my neighbour came this morning and told me that my father was lying on there our front door unconscious totally wasted. Well the did help me getting him inside the house after the left. My father started with his usual shoutings and rants telling me that I'm the reason for his bad luck and lack of success. I know it's nothing new but sometimes I feel tired of hearing this shit everytime he's drunk. I'm so tired of everything Stella, I'm tired of my father and this useless life." I take my face in my hands out of frustration, then looked at her and she gave me reassuring smile while squeezing my hand.

After lunch I returned to attend classes along with Stella and busied myself with studies.

Three hours later when the classes ended I tell Stella goodbye and head towards my house, before going home I stopped to get some groceries after buying groceries I head towards my favourite book store to get some romance novels because I LOVE reading cute romance  books they helps me to escape reality and make me hope that one day I will true love just like those fictional couples....

I reached home one hour later wishing that my father either be asleep or not at home, because God knows I cannot deal with him right know.
Crossing my fingers I turned the door knob and found it locked 'hush' I sighed internally.
I entered the house put the groceries in the kitchen slab and move towards my room. After putting the books that I bought from the store on the desk I changed into my favourite PJ's and head towards the kitchen to prepare dinner.

After making dinner I started working on my zoology assignment which I have to submit within two days. I opened my laptop and start researching about everything that I need for the assignment and start writing. I got up after what felt like couple of hours and used the bathroom and did my business. Few moments later I heard the doorbell ring, so I came down the stairs.

When I open door I came face to face with my very much drunk father who was holding a bottle of cheap alcohol which was half empty.
I instantly got out of his way. He entered inside and head straight towards the dining table for food. I half heartedly served him dinner because I cannot sustain the smell of alcohol.
Again I went inside the kitchen to get some water suddenly I heard shattering sound of plates, I ran outside instantly and saw my drunk but now very very angry father looking at me with bloodshot eyes which was enough to scare me that a cold shudder ran down my spine.

"Can't you do one thing clearly?" He said coming towards me. "What kind of shit you have cooked? Do want to kill me with your disgusting food?" I was trembling by now shaking my head I opened my mouth and said "I'm sor..." Before I could finished my sentence, a hard slap landed on my cheek.
" Don't you dare say anything with your filthy mouth you bitch!! You're the reason I lost my everything thing. I wish everyday that may God give you the worst life and when you beg for death you will not get it you fucking whore!!" He screamed at my face and I ran back to my room and I cried cried cried my self to sleep.

Okay!! That's it for the first chapter.
What do you think ???
Don't forget to vote and comment!! And do tell me if you like the first chapter.
Bye-byeee🫶🫶❤️