Chapter 22

Hey guys!!!! I hope you are doing well, so here's the new chapter of the story I hope you like it.

Target was still NOT completed. But no worries I hope you will complete it this time.

Also I would like to thank everyone who votes and comments on the chapters, you guys literally keep me motivated to write new chapters.

TARGET: 10 VOTES 5 COMMENTS
(It's not a big deal).

Anyways, Happy Reading 🫶

Adrian's pov:

I was looking at the disaster in front of me. The whole shipment that contained the drugs of worth 70 million dollars was burned to ashes. It is one of the biggest losses till now.

"ACE, there's nothing left. He destroyed everything." Nick came to me and said.

"I want the fucker who sold us out. This is the second time someone from our inner circle leaked the information about one of the deal. I want his head." I spat in anger.

"Yes, boss. I'm working on it." He said in left.

I sat in my car and told the driver to take me to the office.

I entered my office and the dark theme almost put me to ease.

I sat on my chair and started check the list of people who knew about the deal and the shipment.

I didn't realised for how long I have worked until I heard a knock on my door it was Nick he told me that everyone left and he's also leaving as he needs to pic his brother from some club.

I checked the time in my watch it was 8 in the evening, shit I told Hazel that I'll be back in few hours. I packed all the stuff and took my laptop with me and left. On the way I picked up some burgers.

When I reached the mansion it was silent. I went towards my room and found Hazel sleeping on the couch with a book in her hand. But what caught my attention was the title of the book "The Emperor" it was an interesting title.

I went to the bathroom took a shower and changed into some loose clothes. Then I went towards the couch where Hazel was asleep.
I tapped on her shoulder softly to wake her up and a fer moments later she woke up. She was a little surprised to see me then she looked around and noticed the open book, she looked at me and then at the book and suddenly slammed the book shut with wide eyes. Now I'm curious about the book.

"Hey, what happened why are you panicking?" I asked being geniunely curious.

Hazel's pov:

"Hey, what happened Why are you panicking?" He asked me curiously.

"Umm, nothing just got surprised to see you." I lied.

"Oh okay. Now let's go downstairs and have dinner". He said

"Yeah okay you go ahead. I'll come after washing my face". I told him and he got up and went downstairs as soon as he left the room I hide my book in the bottom most shelf of the side table. After getting fresh I went downstairs.

As I reached the dining table I saw him taking out burgers from the microwave, he remembered.

"You remembered." It was more of a question than a statement.

"Of course I did." He replied with a slight smile.

"How was your day at the office. Did you handle that situation you were talking about?" I asked him.

"We're handling it. Other than that everything was same old. You tell me how was your day?"

"Umm... It was good. My father came by."

"WHAT?? Why? What did he want?."

"Hey, it was not that much of a big deal. He was here to apologise for his behaviour towards me."

"What! Such bullshit." He said looking at me like I have grown two heads.

"No...no it was not like that. I think he was genuinely sorry. I know he made mistakes but he's my father and I will try to get past the things he had done." I said but he was still looking at me in shocked expression.

"I don't trust him." He said.

"Wh...what? Really? But what if he really Changed?" I asked him.

"Did he ask for something or did he just apologise?" Rather than answering my question he asked me one.

"He didn't asked for anything. He just told me that he's in a lot of debt and going to lose the house I grow up in, and he don't want to lose it as he has realised that he made a mistake by mistreating me. So I gave him some of my savings to save the house." I told him honestly.

"See! He was not here for your forgiveness he was here for money." He said in a sarcastic tone like he has expected it.

Hearing his reply my eyes filled with tears even though I didn't want to cry because I know he didn't say that to hurt me, but still it is hurting me.

After a few seconds I felt a finger on my cheeks.
It was him. He was looking at me with concern on his face.

"Hey, hey I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry I won't say anything like this again." he said looking at me with worry in his eyes.

Every time I have cried in the past, no one has ever cared, or Consoled me. And seeing him of all people worry about me, broke the dam of emotions I was holding inside me. And I broke in to fits of cries.

So....did you like it??
Please vote and comment.(It will make me happy).

And please try to complete the target.

And to all of the silent readers, please support me by voting on this book (it's free)

Thank you for reading.
Bye-byeeee 🫶