46 | Move, we have places to be

Unedited (Because it is 3:30 AM here and I am finally sleepy enough)

Felix's POV

I have always sucked at consoling crying people. Sad people? I can handle it. Hopeless people? send them right in. The moment the tears start to rain, I am helpless. One more reason I don't like to cry in front of anyone. Usually, I give them some chocolate or water. And let them calm down.

But the sky is bleeding red, and the love of your life is clinging to you and crying as if he lost everything, you can't just give him candy, pat his butt and send him his way. 

I was mentally prepared to see him in distress after I heard the name of the said crown. But not this. This is painful to hear and even more painful to see. His cries are echoing in the hollow labyrinth. The way he is on his knees, face hidden in my chest, sprawled in the white snow like a broken man, I wish to just absorb his pain. 

I am no god and I cannot do that, so I do the only thing I can do is caress his back and head and be on the lookout for anything that could come to harm us. 

"Rei pick a term of endearment. What do you like the most out of all of these - baby, honey, love, Mr Vadeus but said in a tone like Mr Darcy or anything you can think of?" I blabber trying to lighten his mood. Where does my well-crafted humour go in situations like these?

"Rei, you don't like those? Huh? Speak to me please." I urged him again, "Rei, come on, we need to get going right? We need to finish this shit show, we-"

Rei was off the ground before I could finish the sentence. So I stood up too, fearing I missed some danger around us. I started scanning around us for whatever I was missing. But Mr Vadeus had other plans, cause he pulled out a scroll from his inner pocket. 

These were no ordinary scrolls they were super expensive magic scrolls which was part of our plan, a plan that would be ruined if he was going to do what I think he is. So I snatched the scroll from him, "What do you think you are doing?"

This man dares to look pissed, "I am getting us out of here, give me that."

"What? No." I protested, trying to snatch the other scroll he was pulling out, "No, Rei. We are finishing this. Remember what we planned f-"

I was successful in snatching the other scroll but the King had already put his hands around me and pulled me to him. I tightened the grip on the scrolls, he might have me but he won't have them. "No, we are not running."

"It's not called running, it called being safe." He replied with sass. "Now give me those, please."

I put one scroll up the sleeves of my other arm and used my hand to wipe the residue of tears on his face, "Was it that bad?"

Rei's face instantly leaned into my hand even though I knew my hands were colder than ice. "It was hell. It was a learning experience but it was hellish. And you don't even remember why you were there and what you are doing and for a few moments it's your reality and it's painful and I am not putting either you or me through that."

"Then what are you going to do? Get a different queen? The women that the council approved? Or will you stay under them and let them disrespect you? Will you let them accomplish what they want to do to you? To me? To your people? If yes then these are your scrolls," I put them forcefully into his hands, "Go, because I am finishing this. I will show them the shit show they are here to watch. With you or without you. Because I am not as forgiving as you Your- Rei. I will ruin anyone who messes with my people." 

I turned around and started walking away. I know he won't leave me. But even if wants to I won't blame. He and I are after all different. 

I feel him when he nears me and pulls me back into him, his face resting on my shoulder and hands crossed around me. "I hate this, I know you do too. I know you see the danger too. I know this is the perfect chance to end this once and with the maximum efficiency. But did I tell you that was hell? I lost you and everyone and Flynn hated me. He wanted to execute me. The people hated me too. And honestly, in there, I hated me too. I just-" He struggled to express his intentions. 

"I know Rei. That's why I am here right? Show you the way when you get lost a little. Now as much as I love this hug we need to get to the next artefact before the daylight ends completely."

He squeezes me one last time and lets go, "Where to Madam?"

I take out the map and look at our path so far, "Assuming the artefacts are somewhat evenly distributed, we should change our course to a different area instead of pursuing the same area."

"Lead the way then. What happened when I was unconscious? Also what happened when I gained consciousness?"

"Nothing. You just looked like you fainted. Ohh yes, the crown shattered and the entire maze walls went down like a few feet." At my explanation, he looked at the walls. 

Rei nodded his head, "You are right. Till the last object, I believe the walls will be lower enough for us to jump on top of them and look for the way out."

"I believe so too."

We walked for 30-40 minutes more before we felt another aura. The Aura was so overwhelming that it could be felt before we even reached it. The closer we got the tougher it got to breathe. 

When we finally reached what seemed like one side of the labyrinth, there was a gleaming red sword on a raised pillar. The pillar had thorns and leaves adorned around it. The sword was black with red details on the handle with a blade that ominously had white scratches.

I knew what this was because I was waiting for this one. It was the legendary Sword of Demons. And before my lovely mate could stop me, because he and I both knew what his sword did, I dodged under his arms and picked up the sword. 

The moment I touched the sword, heat surged into my arm and I had a split second to look at Rei and shout, "Love you, Be back in 15." before the red clouded my vision.  

-------------------------------------------------

Who had finals but they got postponed? ME!!.