50 | Mirrors and Maniacs

Unknown place (23:45)

In a hap haphazardly placed tent placed inconspicuously among woods sat Ambassador Delarge and 5 other people dressed head to toe in black. Another black figure, with a large tray of cups filled with some steaming liquid.

"Are these the potions I ordered?" asked DeLarge to what seemed like a subordinate.

"Yes, my lord. The Madam has advised to consume them as soon as possible for ultimate effectiveness." replied the subordinate offering all the members a cup each.

The subordinate stood in the corner as all the others finished their cups, he seemed visibly nervous and twitchy but no one paid attention to him. He had collected all the cups expect of the DeLarge's, when another figure came running in.

"My lord, my lord, my..." He panted as he collected his breath.

"Stop stammering and speak right away." Said DeLarge.

"I apologise My Lord. Leader 3 has sent good news. Target 1 has been captured inside the mirror and target 2 is left alone."

"That is indeed good news." His old face looked ugly as he smiled, "Call him and inform him of the progress discreetly." He directed to the black figure sitting next to him.

"But My Lord," interrupted the informant before the call could be made.

"What is it now?"

The informant could feel the disgust of his lord but gulped and bravely uttered the bad news, "Target 2 had tried to call someone before we were successful in breaking her phone. We are sure that there was no conversation made but we are unsure as to who did she call."

The old DeLarge threw his empty cup at the informant, "Incompetent people, can't do a thing properly."

The informant profusely apologised as he kneeled trying his best to protect himself from broken pieces of the cup.

"Call him right this instant and hand me the phone." He ordered.

The black figure called someone on his phone and handed it to DeLarge.

"Yes Johnny, I will get back to you, right now I am returning with Beta Acimer from important business." said the man on the phone, hinting to not say anything inappropriate.

"Yes, Target 1 is in our predicted place and Target 2 is struggling. However, target 2 seemed to have tried to call someone." DeLarge scowled at being called Johnny by such a young person but still relayed the information.

"Don't worry Johnny, She was just calling me. Our security is still running smoothly. You can proceed as instructed. Now I shall take my leave and we can discuss the case when I reach my destination. Have a good night." And the mysterious figure cut the call.

DeLarge looked deep in thought for a few seconds before saying to the informant, "Call Leader 3, it is time to crush some wings."

—------x—-----------

Can you guess who was Ugly DeLarge talking to?