FIFTY-SIX.

"Each night I tear apart all I believe in 'cause,
еvery god I pray to only leads me back to you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NADIA'S POV:

NADIA'S POV:

We arrive at the hospital, or at least I think it's the hospital because I can't exactly see where we are as my head is still plastered to the window with my eyes closed and I can't seem to muster up enough energy to open them just yet. I tried to sleep on the way here but I feel like my body is in somewhat of a trance.

Corey has been worried sick and I know he has and I want nothing more than to be able to reassure him that everything is fine, but I simply can't. I fear that there is something awful happening to me this time and that this is the thing that will finally kill me off.

It's like the universe is trying to kill me in the most debilitating and time-consuming way as if to put me through the worst before it actually kills me. I know it's stupid to think that but I can never get a break and I keep getting thrown a million different illnesses in such a short period of time that it feels like there is some higher power trying to overtake my life.

If it does eventually kill me, at least I'll be with Archie again.

I didn't even notice that Corey got out of the car until he opens my car door and is holding out a hand to help me get out. I take his hand and it feels cold in my clammy one but I ignore it, tightly clasping his hand in mine so I have enough strength to stand up. He helps me up and guides me to the wheelchair that's situated next to his car and I'm confused as to when he had the time to even get one from the main entrance.

Am I really that dissociated from everything that's going on around me?

He pushes me to the accident and emergency department and I feel insecure all of a sudden about how difficult it may be for him to push me. I know he is strong because of all of his hockey training but I can't help but feel like I am overweight with having doctors telling me for the last few months that all the issues I have now are because of my weight.

I know it's stupid because I used to be an athlete and I have hardly been eating recently but it's hard not to believe what they are saying when they are saying it to me every chance they get.

I managed to open my eyes sometime in the short journey to the entrance and I want to close them again because of how bright the department is but I refuse, only squinting them so I am still able to see.

I take one look around the waiting area as he pushes me towards the reception desk and I want to cry even more because of how busy it is. I didn't think it would be so busy as it is so close to Christmas but I guess the NHS truly never get a break. This is why I hate coming to A&E because the waiting times are always dreadful, even when you are dying in the plastic seats. I would never judge the wait times because I know that they are stretched for staff and have a lot of patients to see in a day but when you have to wait hours to even get some pain relief after asking more than once and you're screaming in pain then it does seem to be a bit much.