Chapter 19

"Are you ready to go Colt?" Asked Kat from beside me as I slowly changed into my clothes. "Yep. I need to get out of this hell hole."

      We slowly make our way out of the hospital and into the car. The ride back was slow and long. I was still struggling to breathe and the closer we got the worse it was. 

     "I can't face him." It comes out of my mouth breathless and scratchy. Kat immediately stops the car looking over at me with concern.

     "Breathe Colt. You need to breathe." She says before rushing out of the car and to the other side. "I can't." 

     Everything was going dark and as Kat dragged me out of the car I couldn't breath anymore. The oxygen I had in my lungs was being sucked out. 

     "No no no," Kat says over and over again but I can't see her. My vision is black and I can feel as my heart slowly stops beating.

Lukes Pov

     "LUKE?!" I can hear jack yell as someone comes rushing up the stairs. "What? I'm trying to clean Colts Sheets before she gets here." I say continuing to take the sheets off her bed. 

     "Shes- Shes not coming back," Jack says quietly looking down at his hands and picking them. 

      "Oh. Ok I guess its fine if she wants to go back home." I say as I set down the sheets and sit on her empty bed. 

     "No. No shes not going home either." Jack says and I'm suddenly confused. "Then where is she going?" 

     "She- She died Luke. On the way here she was slowly losing oxygen and her heart just stopped beating." Jack says every word more tears fall down his face. "Wheres Kat?" 

      "Downstairs but luke there was nothing she could have-" "Shut up," I say before rushing down the stairs and finding Kat sitting on the couch with Jamie and Trevor hugging her as she cries.

      "Kat.." I say standing in front of the three. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Kat says as she shakes her head and shoves Jamie and Trevor away. 

      "Im not upset. Come here." I say sitting on the couch and letting Colt's Best friend fall into me sobbing. "Im never going to be upset with you. Blue wouldn't have wanted that."

      "How long ago?" I ask just above a whisper. "This morning." I sigh as I slowly rub kat's back. 

      "Luke.." Jack says sitting down beside us. "Here take care of Kat. She needs you." I say as Kat moves to jack. 

     "Im gonna go outside," I say getting up feeling number than when I first lost Blue. "Luke. Its fine not to be ok. You know that right?" Quinn says coming up from behind me. His eyes were red and his face was puffy. He had been crying.

     "Please Quinn just leave me alone." 

      I leave Quinn before he can say anything else to me. I head down to the dock where I first saw her after a year. 

     She had walked down this dock and saw me with my hands wrapped around someone else. I will forever not forgive myself. 

     With everything that has happened she's the only person who deserves to be living still. Shes My Blue and I will miss her until the day I die when we will meet again. 

THE END

Authors note

I know this might not have been the ending y'all had wanted but this is it.

I had always planned for the ending to be sad but not this sad.

I will be making a different Luke Hughes book that will be posted as soon as possible. 

I hope you guys enjoyed the book!!